Orvis Quality

From my experience my favorite things from Orvis have been Super Strong Tippet,Orvis Mirage flourocarbon{when it came out}and I have always liked their CFO reel series especially for trout/panfish, I have also high praise for their Battenkill series.
Well a young guy that i fish out at my cabins wanted a good trout reel,so i went to Fleabay an got him a used Battenkill Barstock #3 what a great reel .I would highly reccomend this reel series its got a great drag if you need it an it is very well made.I also think its a very good looking reel too.
As for waders... couldnt answer for that,I wear Redington breathables, although Orvis does use the similiar sonic welded technology.
Your milage may vary.

Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

i used to like orvis fly line and tippet but I have been disappointed with the newer super strong tippet and the high end fly lines. The tips of floating lines sink even with cleaning after every use. The tippet does not seem to be as abrasion resistant as the older tippet. I like my orvis reels and I have been looking at helios for awhile but I have been switching out my tippet and lines for other companies.

Back