Orvis Access Rods

I just bought the 8wt access switch rod from my local shop, and bought a guru 4.0 online the guru did not fit the reel seat of the access , the foot of the lamson was to thick for the reel seat. Of corse the Orvis reels fit fine, as well as the Sage and Ross reels. I ended up buying the Hydrose V a nice reel for about the same price, but according to Feathercrafts website the Guru is made in the US. The reel seat on the access is a tad flimsy but the rod cast like a dream I figured with the warrenty and the flyshop being right down the street I should be coverd..

Dan

bikerfish wrote:
I guess no one in vermont can wrap a rod!

Probably not for 5 cents an hour!
They wouldn't want to make the blanks there because the Asian fabrication company very possibly would roll a bunch extra and sell them to another company to market themselves. But they can account for blanks shipped overseas.
A friend of a friend went to China to check on a safety glasses product line they had made there. Seeing a huge stack of boxes of his product, he asked the manufacturer "What about those?" and the reply was, "Those aren't yours". Hmmm.... You want to compete against yourself? Have your crap slapped together and pirated in the People's Republic.

Syl

Has anyone ever casted the 10' 5 wt access? I'm curious if it is as fast as the 10' helios.

Diamondback flyrods were 100% made in the USA back when they were in Vermont. This was before being bought out by Cortland. I have several and the wraps are GREAT. Oh you guys must have been referring to Orvis!

Oh yea I forgot to add that ALL Sage and Scott flyrods are made in the USA. The same can't be said about any other American flyrod company.G. Loomis might be the other exception.

Dose Sage make a switch rod for 400$,

Back