Organizing a nymph box?

I call that one the Royal Lead.

http://flyfishingresearch.net/sinkrate/sinkratescience.html

Google wins...

I'm working on a derivation. I'll post my results in a little bit.

Maybe pcray can check my solution since he's a physicist and all.

To get my flies to break the surface more effectively I allow them to hit the surface harder.
more skilled casters will use a vertical entry vs. horizontal.

do not turn art into science. the reversal is acceptable, but sometimes its the soul of the thing that matters.

stop trying to smash the soul of fishing out.

(i notice that site is about steelhead fishing, what is it about steelheading that seems to be entirely passionless?)

gfen wrote:

(i notice that site is about steelhead fishing, what is it about steelheading that seems to be entirely passionless?)

The way we steelhead in PA is semi-passionless. Just hooking into big fish in the fall is what it's all about here.

Now swing some salmon flies on a switch rod out west... now there's passion.

Shall I remind you of April Vokey?

I think we were joking-slapping flies down and ,metallurgical charts-yeah,right.

pete41 wrote:
I think we were joking-slapping flies down and ,metallurgical charts-yeah,right.

No, Sender's insane formulae webpage is from a steelheading site.

Soulless. I have contempt.

And yet western steelheading as practiced in BC. is an art with flies instead of snagging hooks.

gfen wrote:

stop trying to smash the soul of fishing out.

With pleasure.

Maybe pcray can double check my work, I don't feel like plotting D vs V and W vs V if this is wrong.

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 2
logic follows but could you have just used the back and scaned two times it was kinda hard to see your original condition . other then that should be right

you people suck. its math like this that gets george bush elected. no one likes an egghead.

"steelies" are rainbows. please do not get yourself confused and forget this fact.

But they aren't real rainbows like the ones native to Pennsylvania ...

1 2 3 4 5 ...............

huge pet peeve when someone escalates steelhead into its own category. they're all oncorhynchus mykiss.

Back