Online Stores

08rollaS

Hey, can anyone point me in the right directon with fly tying materials I can get online? I sometimes order from flyshack.com but I didn't know if there were anyother places that carry cheaper stuff. I'm in the market for hooks and bead heads. After spending $60 dollars on a few items at French Creek and a total of about $130 this month on fly tying materials I NEED to find a place where I can buy for pretty inexpensive. I do realize this can get expensive, and that's ok. But when I'm paying 8 or 9 bucks for 50 hooks (even tho that isn't much) but when i'm purchasing a couple hundred in differnt sizes it all adds up. Beadheads are crazy expensive although the glass beadheads are relativley cheap (so I seen at french creek) Any input would be appreaciated.

i have bought alot of stuff off ebay. you got to know what you are looking for and know your prices and products. be careful of added shipping costs and the wording of the items. i have found some great deals on there.

one online store i do like is hook and hackle. ( hookhack.com) reasonable prices on materials.

I've become a big fan of glass beads from the craft store (2.99 for approximately a billion of 'em). They may not have much weight, but they're nice to give a little sparkle to the fly, and I can make up the weight loss with a few turns of lead.

I once had a link, which I cannot find right now, for a store that sold name brand hooks without the name brand (ie, he referred to Tiemco as "Tie 'em On Co"). These were sold at a significantly cheaper amount than the name brand.

Someone should post said link; someone who's not me, coz I need it again. :)

Thank you for the replys. I am making ALOT of flys. It's now 3 AM and I'm finishing up some differnt patterns. A local tackle shop wants to purchase my flies off of me and I'm trying to keep up but they seem to be going very quick. I'm almost out of all my hooks and am completely out of size 7/64 and 3/32 beadheads and need them asap! hackle and various feathers I get a very good price and a majority of turkey, goose, and pheasant I have an abundace of (thank God to my hunter friends) and I have more deer tail and fur than I know what to do with. But the hardware is killin me.

I buy a lot of hooks and beads from "The Fish Guy". Free shipping w/ $50+ order and quick service. The hooks are TMC knock-offs at half the price. The beads are cheap too.

http://www.thefishguy.net/new_beadz.htm

http://www.thefishguy.net/hooks.htm

Wow still tying at 3am.....Looks like you're the one the hooked. Check out my avatar! ;-)

Good fishin and tyin!

afishinado wrote:
I buy a lot of hooks and beads from "The Fish Guy".

Bing! That's the place I was looking for. Thanks.

just placed an order from the fish guy a couple weeks ago --- everything that i got has been pretty good -- got the cheap dry hooks and havent had any complaints with tying on them -- just gotta test em out on the water now..

"I've become a big fan of glass beads from the craft store"
I suggested Michaels when a similar question was asked-ignored-little did they know the old Fox knew what he was talking about-lol
All kinds of goodies.Yarn stores-fabric-don't be embarrassed -tell them you're getting it for your friend :) much cheaper.
Don't know if they still do it but stay away from those fabulous feather deals from India they use to have in back of fishing mags-you might not get one usable feather-packaged junk-They caught me-once.

pete: i've gotten beads (orange) from the craft store before --- great deal

08rollas... what shop are you tying for?

I buy hooks off of this guy from ebay.

8-9 bucks usually for 100 dai riki's

plus $2 flat shipping for all orders no matter how much

http://stores.ebay.com/Gypsy-Outdoors_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsxQ3asstQQtZkm

When it comes to hooks I just started tying on Saber hooks and I got a lot of postive feedback from members on the site about them. They are 6.99 per 100 and they have every size and type you want. good luck

Canadian llama for diachi hooks and a great price on beads,check him out.

Back