Old Guy - New Member

Mike - There's a table for you if you want to come to the Newbie Jam.

Your products are a perfect fit for this event! They have saved and enhanced many days of fishing for me, and I'm sure everyone would benefit from using them.

H.A.

UFMGuy wrote:
Hi Captain and welcome! I'm actually still a sponsor of the site but took a brief hiatus. My ad for the PA Fishing Guide just went up today so just click the ad to see a detailed description. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I'm in Warrington, Bucks County myself and also grew up in Pittsburgh so we've got a lot in common. I was there last weekend touring Pitt with my daughter. I left Pittsburgh for college in Philadelphia. Now my daughter wants to go to school in Pittsburgh. The cycle completes.

Hi Mike - and thank you for the note. I just bought your app and downloaded it. I plan on playing with it later on today. In a quirk of synchronicity, I moved to Warrington from Pittsburgh myself. Later I moved further north to the East Rockhill Twp. area.

I will be at Newbie Jam. I'll be the bald guy with a limp. I just learned my spring trout season will be severely curtailed this year. After 8 months of 24 hour pain, PT, 3 different types of spinal epidurals, I’ve gotten minimal pain relief, I can’t walk without limping, I can’t stand, and driving for more than 15 minutes sets my left knee on fire. So, I’m down to my final option which is spinal surgery. I'm having it April 21st. I hope to be back on the water (or near it) fishing by June/July.

I’m having a laminectomy on my L4 and L5 vertebrae. If anyone here reads this and has had the surgery, I'd love to hear about your experience. Feel free to PM or email me.

I hope to see you, Mike, and many more members in Allentown this Sunday.

Bob

I mentioned last month that I was scheduled for spinal surgery April 21st. I had it done Tuesday afternoon and I was back home yesterday morning walking, sitting and climbing stairs - all slowly and with caution but with a successful procedure.

I've met a number of you at the Newbie Jam and I've even bought a few things from members. And, a half-dozen of you graciously offered some fishing time. I want to take you all up on that. I should be fishing by the middle of May at my local pond and, hopefully, able to wade soon after.

You're an enjoyable bunch who are willing to share. I've enjoyed combing back posts and learning. Great stuff! Great site!

Back