Off Topic salt water help

Gulp? That sounds like something you used to sell before your retirement. Good luck Bob...........:)

Dear buffalo,

The way I figure things you are fishing in a place where a mistake or misstep by you could lead to your getting eaten.

Why not turn the odds in your favor and catch a thing or two to eat just in case you fall off the jetty?

And on a serious note, if you have intentions of jetty walking and have spiked wading shoes please wear them. If you don't have spikes you used to be able to get "rubbers" that people could wear over regular shoes while golfing.

Since the earthworms started having a politcal voice and regular golf spikes became outlawed because golfer's suddenly became too stupid to lift their feet on the putting green I don't know if you can get those old "rubbers.?"

If you can't put some sort of metal spiked grabbing assistance on your feet please be very careful walking jetties. They are accidents waiting to happen.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Biggie,
Gulp is sorta’ like power bait for salt water bait fishers.
http://www.berkley-fishing.com/cat.php?k=50390&sk=44157

Tim,
I have a pair of waiding boots with carbide points packed but I’m gonna take a staff as well. Been on the rocks at Indian River inlet once and it was slippery

Captain,
I can handle that last fly, gonna tie a couple before we leave.

Thanks all,
Buffalo

buffalo wrote:
Tim
Now that sounds like a good idea, gonna' try that for sure. Mabey try some Gulp on the tip too.

Thanks,

Buffalo

Oh, wait...wouldn't that be cheating? :-o :-o :-o

Well guys after all was said and done, I took my fly rod and surf rod out on most of the sorties(usually 0600 'till 0900 and 1700 till 2000) at Corson’s Inlet. Caught a lot of fish, most were snapper blues from 6 to 18 '', it was a lot of fun.
Surprisingly, there were other fly fishers out, all doing about the same except for a couple getting into some flounder on Clouser’s. The last receipt the Captain sent worked really well but they didn’t last very long with the teeth on the blues. Think Bob’s Banger was being used a lot and working well (looks like your special Captain Matt) but didn’t get any tied and couldn’t find a bait shop that had any.
Once the boats and jet skies got on the water the fly fishing was pretty much over, and I would switch to the spinning rod with the ½ inch jigs and bait. Got a bunch of flounder but all were short.

Thanks for all the advice, made for a good week of fishing.
Buffalo

Thats great to hear buffalo. Im excited that the flies worked way up there! Congrats!

Back