Now this is a fly reel!

wildtrout2

wildtrout2

I'd kill to have a fly reel like this! I didn't know how to make the pic full size (maybe someone can help), but enjoy never the less.

"They're not the best at what they do, they're the only one's who do what they do". :cool:

Attachments

• Header_DeadReel (Custom).jpg
    Header_DeadReel (Custom).jpg
    29 KB · Views: 13
I think TCO in reading was selling one of them. Pretty f'in cool.

Yea Jay, that came TCO's site. Only one made (supposedly) and it's not for sale (supposedly).

Ah, I see. I never asked. Just saw it at the counter and figured it had a price.

I was in the one in Bryn Mawr recently and found it curious that they only had WF line? Those guys seem almost "cult like". lol

The guys in bryn mawr are good, but I don't go there for much besides split shot, tippet, and a few other trinkets. Never noticed their lines, but that is pretty weird.

They did have more info on tarpon fishing than tying green drakes for central PA when I was in there once...

More cash to be made in WF tapers and not DTs.

Someone here recommended a small, indie, press book on fly fshibg. The authour has many rants on this subject. Ill find the name later, uts illuminating.

For anyone wondering, yes that is my boss Tony's reel. It is a one of a kind and it is not for sale. As for more about tarpon than Green Drakes in BM, that could be somewhat true. We do a lot of travel stuff from BM as many of our customers make a lot of trips down to the warm and sunny places.I'm not too sure what to say about no DT. In reality, there are not too many people that come in looking for DTs, so it makes more sense for us to have more WF lines in stock.

outdoorsman816 wrote:
I'm not too sure what to say about no DT. In reality, there are not too many people that come in looking for DTs, so it makes more sense for us to have more WF lines in stock.

Industry has trained people to buy WF for everything, but there's no valid reason except for the fact they wear out faster and thus theres more cash to be made.

If you're throwing long distances, its one thing. Most of us are trout fishin' the local streams, not hurling streamers 80' offshore.

masterytrout1.jpg

masterytrout2.jpg

Same taper for the first half, how far you casting that 4wt for trout?

gfen wrote:
outdoorsman816 wrote:
I'm not too sure what to say about no DT. In reality, there are not too many people that come in looking for DTs, so it makes more sense for us to have more WF lines in stock.

Industry has trained people to buy WF for everything, but there's no valid reason except for the fact they wear out faster and thus theres more cash to be made.

If you're throwing long distances, its one thing. Most of us are trout fishin' the local streams, not hurling streamers 80' offshore.

masterytrout1.jpg

masterytrout2.jpg

Same taper for the first half, how far you casting that 4wt for trout?

To dudes defense, it's what people want, regardless of if it makes the most sense for them. However, I don't think it would kill them to stock one DT line, just incase.

To dude's defense, the primary goal of a business is to make cash, and to do that you stock what people want.

And people have been trained to want weight forward lines.

^ I think that's what I just said....

I think I forgot to mention that people are stupid. It was essential to the post, but whatever. I'm tired, I must exercise, and I'm taking a break from sewing my wading belt coz I'm a crafty sort of guy.

What kind of needle do you use to get through heavy straps. I have a backpack that is in need of repairs.

I use the big ones from bulk packs, I imagine they're straight embrodiery needles. It sometimes helps to split the floss to 3 or 4 strands instead of all six, also.

I'm adding velcro to keep the belt tight, using a back stitch on the outside facing portions, and a standard running stick on the inside portions.

Home Ec served me well.

That is the stupidest fly reel I ever seen. The dead are dead and they have nothing in common with fly fishing besides these reels .

Well said Fredrick

Attachments

• kaneklapqo6.gif
    kaneklapqo6.gif
    188.7 KB · Views: 1
Fredrick wrote:
That is the stupidest fly reel I ever seen. The dead are dead and they have nothing in common with fly fishing besides these reels .

I know this seems pretty odd, Officer Straight N. Narrow, but a certain subset of the fly fishin' crowd seems to take to a certain herbal supplement known also to the deadheads.

Don't look at me, though, the Dead suck. Cool reel, though.

It is pretty slick looking. Although, the Dead makes my skin crawl.

Fredrick wrote:
You know what they say about opinions? :roll:

Back