Notice about PA State Parks and DCNR properties

Latest from the DCNR about State Forests and State Parks >

Attachments

• State Parks.jpg
    State Parks.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 3
I wonder if that includes the counties in SE PA with the stay at home order?

I would say "Statewide" applies to SE PA, yes.

bam wrote:
I wonder if that includes the counties in SE PA with the stay at home order?

I believe if enough people question this, all the State parks and Forests may close to avoid confusion about the stay-at-home order mandated in certain counties of PA.

Missouri allowing everyone to fish without permit. Not sure this would be a good move here in PA. Can't imagine the impact on streams and fish populations this would have. https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-waive-fishing-permit-coronavirus

Anyone he interacts with on his way to the boat to the water.

What if someone else interacts with him on the way to the water? Whose fault is that?

"Officer, I was here to practice some safe social distancing while FFing when this yakker spincaster approached me and asked what they were biting on."

In normal times, that's like saying a car accident is my fault just because I happen to drive my car on the day someone else blows a red light.

Don't get me wrong, I get it, times are far from normal...We're talking about FFing when folks are getting very sick and/or dying. If you can avoid the spincaster (in this example) talking to you, by avoiding going in the first place, I get it. Mental health is important too though gang. I don't think anyone knows the perfect right balance right now.

sal said: "Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Great Smokies Nat'l Parks are closed now." I just heard our Valley Forge NP is 'closed' now in accordance with Gov. Wolf's SAH decree. I get that the facilities are closed, but I wonder if we can park (legally) and wade in Valley Creek.

"

lestrout wrote:
sal said: "Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Great Smokies Nat'l Parks are closed now." I just heard our Valley Forge NP is 'closed' now in accordance with Gov. Wolf's SAH decree. I get that the facilities are closed, but I wonder if we can park (legally) and wade in Valley Creek.

"

Valley Forge National Historical Park is currently closed. This closure includes all park roads, parking lots, trails and open spaces. We have made this difficult decision in order to better protect visitors, park employees and the resources that make this place special. Vehicles parked illegally will be ticketed. Vehicles that block emergency vehicle access (such as on roads or in front of gates) will be towed, as they present a serious safety hazard.

Link to source: https://www.nps.gov/vafo/planyourvisit/conditions.htm

afishinado wrote:
lestrout wrote:

"

Valley Forge National Historical Park is currently closed. This closure includes all park roads, parking lots, trails and open spaces. We have made this difficult decision in order to better protect visitors, park employees and the resources that make this place special. Vehicles parked illegally will be ticketed. Vehicles that block emergency vehicle access (such as on roads or in front of gates) will be towed, as they present a serious safety hazard.

Link to source: https://www.nps.gov/vafo/planyourvisit/conditions.htm

From their Facebook page the NPS showed how crowded Valley Forge was over the weekend, so much for social distancing...

Not that I have any plans to fish Valley or give a rat's arse that the park is closed, I wonder what actually constitutes a "park road?"

Is Route 252 through the park considered a park road? If not, will cars parked along it (in the pull-offs) still be ticketed?

I was wondering the same thing regarding Gradyville Road in Ridley Creek State Park as far as a means of access TO Ridley Creek and in regards to the few pull-offs/parking spots in the vicinity.

BTW - Afishinado: I appreciate all of these updates, even if my replies are unpopular. ;-)

tjsingle wrote:
From their Facebook page the NPS showed how crowded Valley Forge was over the weekend, so much for social distancing...
And as a result, more stuff gets shut down or added to the forbidden list because of inconsiderate selfish jerks.

As I may have said elsewhere on PAFF, a friend in Italy commented that accidents occurring to inconsiderate selfish jerks use the medical resources needed by people effected by the pandemic. In Italy, that forced them to shut down inconsiderate selfish jerk behavior. In other words, no more hiking, biking, etc.

At minimum, inconsiderate selfish jerks who get injured or in an accident on their way to an inconsiderate selfish jerk activity should be ON THE HOOK for the expenses related to their EMS/Police involvement and the first part of that financial obligation should come out of any $$$ they may be receiving from the Federal financial bailout!

Bam: I agree. If only...

I drove through Valley Forge Park on Sunday afternoon, and there was an electronic sign at the entrance off 23 saying "Park Closed." But gates were open and people were driving through and walking on the sidewalks. Families were staying close together but otherwise people were spread out. The parking lots were PACKED. I wouldn't call these people selfish, as they were trying to stay spread out, but the situation just didn't lend itself to safe distancing. I saw only a couple of guys fishing.

Back