Nothing better than a good ol "wild or stocked?".

I'd love to see Sal's famous fish. Does anyone have a link to it?
Type Unicorn into this sites search bar. Go to page 4 out of 6. Scroll down to the the 12th result on the 4th page. Do you look guys look at this fish often? Yeah … I mean me neither… :)

A couple of my better brookies but both stocked as far as I could tell.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240302-212712.png
    Screenshot_20240302-212712.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20240302-212547.png
    Screenshot_20240302-212547.png
    802.7 KB · Views: 40
I vote stocked, like this one

Attachments

• IMG_1223.jpeg
    IMG_1223.jpeg
    425.6 KB · Views: 38
15.5”, according to sal in the original thread.

It remains the biggest Brookie I’ve ever seen in PA that I was confident was wild.

15.5”, according to sal in the original thread.

It remains the biggest Brookie I’ve ever seen in PA that I was confident was wild.
Was it ever revealed what region of Pa it came from? He said it came from a trickle that runs into a warm-water stream. Didn't Chaz post a couple that may have been bigger?

Was it ever revealed what region of Pa it came from? He said it came from a trickle that runs into a warm-water stream. Didn't Chaz post a couple that may have been bigger?

“NE PA” was all he was willing to divulge in the thread. Which is probably more than I would have, haha.

Possible on Chaz. I kind of remember that too, but don’t remember any specific fish off hand. For some reason sal’s stuck in my brain. Chaz knows some relatively unknown limestone streams with Brookies, so it’s very possible he’s caught some big ones too. Like I said I just don’t remember specifically. He still shows up from time to time, so maybe he’ll see this and post them. And retake the crown, in my head anyway.

There’s not much limestone in NEPA, and I know where sal’s fish was caught, and it’s a freestone system. I had a hunch based on context clues and I thought I recognized the run it was laying in in one of the pictures after he released it. That stream produced an 11-12” range fish for me once. I sent him a PM with my guess, and instructions to only confirm if I was right and only if he was willing to. He did, and my guess was right. (Don’t anyone even bother PMing me to ask where. I won’t respond. Sal’s info to share, as much as he chooses, or chose, as I haven’t seen him on here in a long time. Not mine.)

Last edited:
“NE PA” was all he was willing to divulge in the thread. Which is probably more than I would have, haha.

Possible on Chaz. I kind of remember that too, but don’t remember any specific fish off hand. For some reason sal’s stuck in my brain. Chaz knows some relatively unknown limestone streams with Brookies, so it’s very possible he’s caught some big ones too. Like I said I just don’t remember specifically. He still shows up from time to time, so maybe he’ll see this and post them. And retake the crown.

There’s not much limestone in NEPA, and I know where sal’s fish was caught, and it’s a freestone system. (Don’t anyone even bother PMing me to ask where. I won’t respond. Sal’s info to share, as much as he chooses, or chose, as I haven’t seen him on here in a long time. Not mine.)
I remember at least 1 huge one in the snow.

I caught and released a solid taped 13 brook in a reservoir that had been Stocked years previously by a gun club
In it's headwaters browns would run up the trickles feeding it. State breached the dam many years ago. Creek below had a nice red quill hatch

Does it matter if it's wild or stocked if you snag it in the shoulder?;)

I have been lucky enough to get a handful of 12 inchers from 2 different streams but haven’t been able to break that mark. I’m going to try like hell this Friday. With all the rain forecasted small streams should be prime.

Alberta: a great place.

I think they have native LaBatt’s there.

Back