Not your typical January day

The orange rocks give it away

I can't see the photos?
Sounds great! What part of state was this creek?

Hop - Put at least the pics of the fish back up. Best one's anyone's posted on here in a long while.

No one could ID where you were unless they were literally at that spot before, even then, it's tough to know for sure. There's a million streams that look like that one. If I was there before, I certainly can't place it for sure.

And anyone who does know where you were, or has an idea, I'm sure is smart enough to not name it publicly.

+1, thousand places in PA with orange rocks, I didn't even notice that.

Nice catch. Good way to start the New Year. GG

sarce wrote:
+1, thousand places in PA with orange rocks, I didn't even notice that.

Absolutely. And there are also a pile of streams that harbor fish of that size. I understand why HopBack pulled the photos and hey, it is what it is. I don't understand why someone would absolutely want to know where a fish was caught, however. If you go there that doesn't mean that you will catch a special fish like that. Knowing the spot/stream doesn't help you all that much. Do your own research and find streams that hold/produce large trout. They aren't that hard to find with a little legwork/info gathering

Once all of that is done the right fly, time, place, and every other factor still needs to come together. These are things that we all already know, of course.

Hop,

That was a nice fish.

Dont sweat it. People can say what they want. Ive been too busy to fish myself but that is changing soon. Part of the fun is seeing these posts and wondering where.

You and I fish many of the same places. I had my guess but in my journey this time of year i wont be going there.

People make too big a deal. Too many good places to fish.

Cant wait to try my new switch/spey out.
Keep the pics coming!

Congrats! The pics are not showing up for me, but 21 and 5 pounds certainly sounds exciting.

Congrats!

Back