North Fork in Jefferson County?

O

Outandabout

Have a friend who drives over this on Interstate 80 near Brookville, close to mile marker 79 all the time. Says from he sees folks fly fishing it below every time he passes.

Will be up that way in a couple weeks and would appreciate any information. Is there a dam upstream that keeps the water cold enough to fish all summer and is it worth a stop for a few hours?

Thanks in advance.

Lots of it's tribs are wild trout creek. I used to fish Red bank Creek for Pike and walleye, but not the North Fork.

There will be angling opportunity to you there of some sort.

I fished it once in May about 10 years ago. You are able to see the dam from I80 (it’s not very high). I would expect it to heat up the water rather than cool it. The day I fished it was a slow day for all. A friend of mine fished it in June a year or two after I did. He caught 6-7 trout on dries that day.

There is a catch-and-release fly fishing only area there.

North Fork Redbank Creek – 1.9 miles; from SR 322 in Brookville upstream 1.9 miles, except a 110-yard section from the Brookville Water Authority Dam downstream to the wire across the creek

It probably warms in the summer, so it probably would be better to try it in the spring.

Back