North Central Pa new member

lindenbob

lindenbob

Live near Williamsport Pa . Quit fly fishing in 1984. Starting fly fishing again in 2024. Pretty much did the same with hunting. Not a long story, just an uneventful story. Looking forward to learn from ya'll. Thanks for having me

249 views and 3 welcomes. I guess my personality must have preceded me hahaha

Live near Williamsport Pa . Quit fly fishing in 1984. Starting fly fishing again in 2024. Pretty much did the same with hunting. Not a long story, just an uneventful story. Looking forward to learn from ya'll. Thanks for having me
Ok. Spill the beans about why you quit hunting and fishing 40 years ago. The good news is the old methods still work so you will get up to speed quickly.

Ok. Spill the beans about why you quit hunting and fishing 40 years ago. The good news is the old methods still work so you will get up to speed quickly.
You're in the zone. Hopefully you can travel to central pa sometimes and enjoy limestone influenced streams as well.

You're in the zone. Hopefully you can travel to central pa sometimes and enjoy limestone influenced streams as well.
I was at the Jam this year. Very nice time. Fished Penns (Thu/Fri), Kish (Fri thanks to Jifigz) and Spring (Sat). The good news was the higher water allowed me to catch fish on dries, wets and streamers (mostly on the latter).

1984 Stopped trout fishing and hunting to devote all my time to lake and river bass fishing. Bass fished for fun and some local tournaments from 1984 until 2006 at which time I stopped fishing completely and sold everything. Never touched a pole again until 2018 at which time I bought my wife an aluminum bass boat and I equipped myself with 500 ponds of baits once again. 2023 Started turkey hunting and plan on 2024 hunting season and started trout fly fishing May 2024 and gearing up now to attempt to tie flies once again after 55 years. Without all the details this is pretty much the sum of it all

Dear lindenbob,

It'll come back pretty quickly. Welcome aboard.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Back