new to ff

E

ericrans23

i was wondering if anyone knows of any fly fishing instructional seminars in the northeast section of pa. i have been reading and watching videos but could use some hands on instruction

ericrans,
Welcome to PaFlyFish.
I'm not a NE PA guy so can't specifically answer your question but there are likely some opportunites. Oftentimes, this sort of thing is sponsored by a fly shop, sportsman's club, or Trout Unlimited Chapter. Even my local community college offers a beginner's fly fishing course. Ask around at places like this and something will turn up. We can certainly answer beginner's questions here on the Beginner's Forum but there's no substitute for actual instruction, especially with things like casting, knot tying, or fly tying. You might try the Evening Hatch Fly Shop
www.eveninghatch.com
or maybe Delaware River Club Fly Fishing Resort
www.mayfly.com

Welcome to the site. I grew up in NEPA, so it's nice to see other people from the area. Try http://agoutfitters.com/default.aspx in ****son City. I was in there once and they have a really nice selection, plus it's right on the Lackawanna.

Where do you live in the Northeast? Stroudsburg, Scranton, Honesdale, Carbon county.

This will help us, help you out.

I'm no expert by a long shot but if you're not too far maybe I can help you out.

Also as mentioned before A&G (****son City) and Evening Hatch (near Lake Harmony) offer lessons. Check out their web sites.

Back