New PA Fly Fishing guide book

geebee

geebee

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1940239087/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1473596069&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=fly+fishing+pennsylvania&dpPl=1&dpID=61ZeidlQmNL&ref=plSrch

I read his 'big apple' book. Pretty useful IMHO .

I did not know about his Eastern Trophy Tailwater book, will have to look into it

I own Dave Wolf's copy from 2009 and it is a great book. But I wouldn't mind an updated version.

More info on the book:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/outdoors/2016/09/11/Fly-fishing-Pennsylvania-New-book-explains-how-to-find-it-what-s-there-and-how-to-catch-it/stories/201609110126

you guys beat me to it, hee hee

So i pre-ordered this and instead of sending me this new version on 9/15, they sent me the old one that I already had. What a pain. I'll try to order in a couple weeks maybe...

Author was at PWW TU meeting last night. The new book is a complete rewrite and comes out in two weeks. Mr. Gilmore was taking pre-orders and described his efforts to put this book together and select the streams included.

Cool but I would like to see a book that focuses on warmwater fishing also not just trout.

Fredrick wrote:
Cool but I would like to see a book that focuses on warmwater fishing also not just trout.

Dave Wolf's book includes warmwater fishing info in streams and lakes as well as trout and steelhead info.

http://www.basspro.com/Flyfishers-Guide-to-Pennsylvania-by-Dave-Wolf/product/1303070556353/?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions

DanL wrote:
So i pre-ordered this and instead of sending me this new version on 9/15, they sent me the old one that I already had. What a pain. I'll try to order in a couple weeks maybe...

Ask for a refund, if you haven't already.

And if they want the book back, they should pay for the shipping.

troutbert wrote:
DanL wrote:

Anything in the works Bassbert ? I got the Title already The Complete Guide to fly fishing PA . The complete guide to fly fishing Pa's cold and warmwater fisheries :-D

Fredrick wrote:
troutbert wrote:
DanL wrote:

Anything in the works Bassbert ? I got the Tittle already The Complete Guide to fly fishing PA . The complete guide to fly fishing Pa's cold and warmwater fisheries :-D

Sounds like an opportunity to become an author Frederick.

Tom has spoken at our TU Chapter about tailwaters, it's a good show.

Fredrick wrote:
troutbert wrote:
DanL wrote:

Anything in the works Bassbert ? I got the Title already The Complete Guide to fly fishing PA . The complete guide to fly fishing Pa's cold and warmwater fisheries :-D

"Fishing for Bluegills With Worms and a Big Red and White Plastic Bobber"

Coming soon, to a store near you.

I bet you use a bobber on your line . Troutbert come and join the WWI member ship is free and it will more then keep you entertained in the dog days of summer .

Attachments

• WWI.jpg
    WWI.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 7
Tom will be speaking at our Oktoberfest meeting here in Lancaster. you can check out details here:

http://www.donegaltu.org/events.html

The book looks to be out of stock now. I ordered it on 9/13 but didn't get in on time, Does anyone know when they will have more?

FLY_Mike wrote:
The book looks to be out of stock now. I ordered it on 9/13 but didn't get in on time, Does anyone know when they will have more?

Amazon showed it as out of stock when the OP was made. So probably the first printing simply has not yet arrived from the printers.

That happens a lot. Amazon shows the publication date as Sept. 15.
But there are often delays.

I see my order has finally been updated with an expected delivery date. That is a step in the right direction.

I.bought mine directly from Wilderness Adventures Press and received on Monday. Havent had a chance to dive into it to see what it has to offer but hope to soon...

Back