New PA Fly Fishing guide book

I've read through all the introductory stuff & the Southwest PA, Northwest PA, and South Central PA sections so far (jumped around in order based on where I typically fish..).

I like the book and the GPS coords for well-known spots will be helpful in getting to some of these streams I haven't fished before. He was careful to not spot-burn anything from what I see. It's not a book you "Must Buy", but I like to add them to my collection as a more current publication.

I also like that Tom Doman is throughout the book, only because I went out on a full day trip with him on Penns a few years ago and really enjoyed what he taught me and did for me that day. It seems he's very good friends with the author as there are many pictures of him in the book.

This post is a few months old. I saw Gilmore at the Somerset FF Show. Now that members have had a chance to digest it, what is the verdict. I'm thinking of buying it. What I like about the book is that it claims to tell you the access points. Many's the time I have driven for hours looking for access that isn't posted.

The GPS coordinates for access points are helpful. The book does have some errata, and portions were just copied and pasted from his Fly Fishers Guide to the Big Apple (which makes me wonder how up to date some of the info is). No regrets for having purchased it, though.

Back