i60............my nickname for you is gonna have to be numbers , hope this is acceptable if not , it's gonna be numbers anyhow , but i'll share with you and answer any question , that's fair. WELCOME!!!! Osprey.

I like i60's user name. Maybe it is start of a trend.

"Numbers", "i60"...I'll answer to them all. Unfortunately doesn't look like I can change it without creating a new profile so i601254 its gonna have to be.

By the way, got skunked on the Yellow Breeches this morning. Fished a section that looked like it should be holding fish, fast water, eddies, pools, etc. but nada. I'm guessing that I've still got a lot to re-learn with regard to fly selection.

fa544..........from now on i call you faff , sorry. But like i told numbers there i'll answer any question and help if i can so that makes it fair , i been doin this for almost 50 years , i picked up a little here and there and i'll share it with ya faff.

Where were you on the breeches? I can PM you with some help if you don't want to talki on here but that's what this is for so............try below williams grove trailer court. Let us know how you do numbers.

Osprey,

Thanks for the offer. No PM necessary as we're all here to share and learn. I decided to fish the section below the iron train bridge by White Rock Acres. There's a line of rocks that runs across the Breeches and I worked between that and the next bridge where the road crosses the Breeches. Seemed like a good place that would be holding some fish...lots of riffles, eddies, and deeper pools. My guess is that I either had the wrong flies or wasn't getting them down far enough to the fish. I tried a Muddler Minnow and a bead head Hare's Ear with a small split shot, all to no avail.

numbers...........i know the stretch you mean , the last time i was there below that was posted , never was in 20 years , what happened? we used to call the stretch you fished white rock , i used to love just lookin off of that bridge , the railroad bridge , after i got hurt it was better than nothing but i could fish there now , i liked the stretch above where the road comes close to the creek , i used to have good luck this time of year and then soon YB Anglers club would start their program , BUY A BUTTOn!!!!!........Osprey

Between the warm summer and the put a take fishermen, I would believe that area would be pretty much void of fish. It is a good area to fish early in the year, when they are stocking. The club use to stock in Jan. not sure it they still do. Maybe worth a shot there then.

If I were you I'd stay in the reg area now, or try some other streams in the area.

PaulG

Anywhere a trib or even a trickle enters the main stream will be a good bet , there is a trib right above there that adds cool water , use a thermometer and check it out , the run at boiling springs from the lake is a big example check the temp above and below where it enters , the cold water from the lake tends to hang over near the hillside and doesn't really mix until the dams downstream.

I live i Camp hill , Close to Mechanicsburg. We oughta go fly fishing sometime together.

welcome to the forum! lots of good folks here and tons of good info.

bikerfish speaks the truth , you should plan on going to the "JAM" , I've only been to one but i'm going to make as many of those that i can. Not only do you get to meet alot of these folks but you get to see some water that is new or maybe not new to you. It was sounding like this spring was going to be on Kettle Creek in Potter county , it's been 20 years but it's not new , Penns in Coburn was NEW.

Back