I

i601254

Just wanted to take a second to say hi to everyone. I'm new to the forum and kind of new to fly fishing. Before 2 weeks ago I hadn't had a fly rod in my hand in 30 years. Been way too long and I'm looking forward to relearning everything.

I live in Mechanicsburg and plan on fishing primarily around the Central PA area for now with an occasional trip up to Pine Creek area. Hopefully will have a chance to get together with a few of you in this area and do a little fishing.

Welcome aboard and enjoy.

Welcome! I live a ways north of you, but I work in Carlisle, so I'm sure I'll see you on the water somewhere, if I ever get out. :-D

Boyer

New Member...........Welcome to the best fly fishing forum there is , you will not regret coming in here , i been doing it going on 50 years and i still learn something new everyday , honestly , the only thing i had to be "Schooled" in was that some folks get upset when you mention certain streams , so i'm a little more careful of that. Hope you can pick up where you left off 30 years ago and most important is to have fun. Living in Mechanicsburg you are close to some very good fly fishing. Get out there and get em , good luck.

i60,
Welcome to PAFF and welcome (back) to fly fishing. Feel free to join the conversation here. If you have questions that you feel are typical of a beginner, feel free to ask 'em here on the Beginner's Forum - although you can ask questions in any of the forums, really. Enjoy

Welcome to PAFF, a great place to learn and meet some great flyfisherman.

I live in Enola, so we're in the same area, we can get together sometime and do some fishing!

PaulG

Welcome to my favorite online fly fishing community! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Thanks to all and I'm really looking forward to getting back to it. Lots of great streams in this area but definitely gonna have to work for it. Found most of my old stuff at my parents house. Flies are still usable but I think that the old Eagle Claw fiberglass rods will have to stay in storage. The 9 footer with sinking line weighs a ton but fit my needs fishing for bass on the Conodoguinet Creek and certainly fit a 15 year old's budget! Just bummed that all my old fly tying stuff is long gone.

Back then we used to pull a decent amount of trout out of a little stream called Silver Springs Run, they even stocked it. Looking at it now, doesn't look like much going on there anymore. Shame.

Was able to get out to Yellow Breeches for a few hours last weekend without much luck. Still trying to find out what works best. Hoping to get out with some of you guys sometime soon.

Welcome. Just Dust off your stuff and Fish.

Just like riding a bike it will all come back.Welcome aboard and tight lines.GG

Welcome. Nice to hear from new members. We've all been in the trees at some point. We've all survived. Enjoy dusting off the gear.

Thanks wetnet but the dust will have to remain on the old gear. Already set myself up with a nice new rod and real. The old gear did serve me well, when I was 15, but no reason to thumb my nose at new technology and all the pluses those bring. Now brushing the dust off my casting skills, that's something I've already done!

i60,

you have to understand that Wetnet doesn't buy new gear....she gets her boys hand-me-downs. Some people windowshop, Wetnet oggles her boys gear til they get something new....sometimes she even buys them new gear to get their old stuff. :-D

She likes her rods road tested and full of mojo. (piscatorially speaking of course)

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Welcome aboard.

Maurice

Maurice wrote:
i60,

you have to understand that Wetnet doesn't buy new gear....she gets her boys hand-me-downs. Some people windowshop, Wetnet oggles her boys gear til they get something new....sometimes she even buys them new gear to get their old stuff. :-D

She likes her rods road tested and full of mojo. (piscatorially speaking of course)

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Welcome aboard.

Maurice

Maurice!

What have I done to you lately?

My comment was relative. Not literal. LOL! BUt Yes...

I do have nice gear, with MOJO!! Yes it is tried and tested by my son and I reap the benefits if you call them that when he rejects equipment. I also find the reasons it doesn't get 5 stars in his book. But for me, I bought my first non-son 2nd hand rod. He has touched it briefly but it is all shiny with no dust. I just need to figure out how to use all 9 feet 6 inches of it. But so far so good.

Again Welcome. And enjoy being nipped at your heels as well.

first off, WELCOME!!!!!!

whats your handle mean?? is it some secret code i don't know.

No, no secret squirrel stuff. Was just an old computer user id that is easy for me to remember. Besides I'm not smart enough to come up with a clever handle.

i601254 wrote:
No, no secret squirrel stuff. Was just an old computer user id that is easy for me to remember. Besides I'm not smart enough to come up with a clever handle.

I know this may not seem cool but you were talking about getting started fishing again, after the initial back and forth should you reconsider the old computer ID I suggest "Feather Duster." Sure beats "Wetnet!"

OK I suck with clever names too. LOL!

Sounds better than a bunch of numbers LOL!

I'm not sure about that. I was really just kidding.

Numbers never work for me, just because I can't remember them. Really sucks at the ATM. LOL!

I like numbers on the trout stream. Oh boy! that's 21....22.....23.....24.....25......etc! LOL.

Back