New Member - NW PA, Pittsburgh, Sigel

TerrellBFly

North Side Pittsburgh or on the Clarion River
Hi All,

Been a member for a few years, as a silent reader. Figured I'd start getting involved and sharing my knowledge (if there actually is any). I used to fish the lake run rainbows (i guess we can call them steelhead here) out of Erie regularly before I moved to Pittsburgh. Currently, I fish anywhere I can in Western and Central PA. We have a camp on the Clarion that holds plenty of brown trout and small mouth, so I regularly am there testing my patterns for caddis and streamers. My fishing partner is my wife, she has been into this sport for a little under 5 years, and we regularly float our raft together, I do consider myself quite lucky.

Many of you have excellent insight and it has been very appreciated over the years, as I have been reading articles and forum posts to grow my knowledge and insight. So I just wanted to say thank you to all, and I look forward to sharing.

Attachments

• thumbnail_Snapchat-532013783.jpg
    thumbnail_Snapchat-532013783.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 54
Nice. Went to Clarion in the early to mid 80s and spent a ton of time on Mill creek and the Clarion in my ff-ing infancy. You're in a good place.

Welcome from a fellow Pittsburgh FF. My only gripe about living here, in terms of fishing, is that to get to trout water you have to drive a decent bit. We do have plenty of great SM and WW fishing, and I do think that FF in the city/suburbs is pretty under the radar. If you have a raft or boat it opens up a lot more options for sure.

Welcome from a fellow Pittsburgh FF. My only gripe about living here, in terms of fishing, is that to get to trout water you have to drive a decent bit. We do have plenty of great SM and WW fishing, and I do think that FF in the city/suburbs is pretty under the radar. If you have a raft or boat it opens up a lot more options for sure.
Yeah its rough, i mean I work right next to Pine DHALO, but that place gets beat up pretty good. But, ill tell you what, drive north, east, south for an hour/hour half and we have sooo many options. Working on my rowing, but at some point I will be doing the middle yough from confluence to ohiopyle with the raft once I am comfortable on the sticks - REALLY looking forward to that this upcoming spring. Ive heard whispers of monsters in that stretch.

Welcome aboard. I also attended Clarion back in the stone age. lots of good spots in that area if your interested. GG

First float was Portland Mills to Irwin Run. Did that in about 7 hours stopping and fishing. Second was an overnight from Ridgeway to Arroyo. That was about 9-10 hours on the water but again was stopping and fishing. I’d imagine you’d be able to do that whole length in a day if you were paddling.

That length seems more challenging than below Irwin Run. Definitely had a good time.

Back