New member from Westmoreland County

Welcome from the border of Westmoreland/Indiana counties! I don't post much but I'm an avid reader

While I've got the attention of a handful of Westmorelanders, I'll also plug an organization I work with, the Mountain Watershed Association (MWA). What started as an AMD remediation project for the Indian Creek Valley has grown into a full fledged conservation and advocacy group with the mission to Protect, Preserve, and Restore the Greater Youghiogheny River Watershed. They host a whole bunch of events including river cleanup, bike trail "bird and bloom" hikes, fly fishing workshops, and they throw one hell of a party in Ohiopyle each November, The Yough Defense Party.

We also teamed up with Unity Brewing in Latrobe to collaborate on a limited release beer, Hellbender Hazy IPA, and we're having a launch party at Unity Brewing on Saturday, 4/6 from 5-8pm. Hope to see you there! If you're so inclined, please sign up for our mailer and get involved in whatever way can. Thanks!
Oh dang I am upset I missed this launch party!!!

Oh dang I am upset I missed this launch party!!

As you should be! It was a good 'ol time. Woodland Twang crushed it. If you get a chance, they're one of the best local bands I've seen in a while. They covered some grateful dead, billy strings, and some other obscure jam bands (twiddle). Along with some popular music that I'm not as well versed in.

Don't fret, they're still serving up Hellbender Hazy on tap, and you might be able to find it at a few establishments in/near the Laurel Highlands. Out of the Fire and Tap-It (both Donegal) have it.

But most importantly, go to mtwatershed.com and sign up to stay in the loop!

As you should be! It was a good 'ol time. Woodland Twang crushed it. If you get a chance, they're one of the best local bands I've seen in a while. They covered some grateful dead, billy strings, and some other obscure jam bands (twiddle). Along with some popular music that I'm not as well versed in.

Don't fret, they're still serving up Hellbender Hazy on tap, and you might be able to find it at a few establishments in/near the Laurel Highlands. Out of the Fire and Tap-It (both Donegal) have it.

But most importantly, go to mtwatershed.com and sign up to stay in the loop!

Unity Brewing is only 5 minutes from my house! Yeah I will be signing up since I spend a lot of time up in the watershed during the summer! We have a camp at Mountain Pines so I am usually up that way every weekend!

Welcome from the border of Westmoreland/Indiana counties! I don't post much but I'm an avid reader
Hey Trout_it,
If you graduated from Blairsville HS in the early '80s, we might know each other. My dad was the pastor of one of the churches in town and I worked selling gas at the SKAT station across from the state store.

Hey Trout_it,
If you graduated from Blairsville HS in the early '80s, we might know each other. My dad was the pastor of one of the churches in town and I worked selling gas at the SKAT station across from the state store.
Hey! I did graduate from Blairsville but in 97. Not much has probably changed...Just a few less buildings

Back