New member from Westmoreland County

T

Tull66

Hello all. I just joined recently and haven’t had a chance to post. I live near Clairidge, Pa. I’ve been fly fishing since Coke and phone calls were 10 cents. I got away from fishing about 10 years ago due to working way to many hours and ready to get back in the game. It is shocking to find all the fly shops near me are gone. I don’t mind ordering online but…there are so many new and different materials now. It was nice going into a shop and getting first hand instruction and swapping stories.

Welcome Tull. Another Westmorelander.

Nice to meet you Tull.

Welcome, from Jones Mills! You're not too awful far. PA Fly Co. is a great fly shop outside of Mt. Pleasant at the top of 3 Mile hill (Rt.31). Highly recommend stopping in on your way to Laurel Hill, Meadow, Indian Creek, etc.
I didn't know this shop existed.

Welcome. I'm from Westmoreland county too!

Originally from there ,welcome aboard. GG

My “camp” is in Westmoreland. Laurel Highlands is a great area - particularly for the ST aficionado.

Lotta of us Westmorelanders on PAFF. Good to see.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!
Thank you Mgmunson! I’m going to check out that shop this week.

While I've got the attention of a handful of Westmorelanders, I'll also plug an organization I work with, the Mountain Watershed Association (MWA). What started as an AMD remediation project for the Indian Creek Valley has grown into a full fledged conservation and advocacy group with the mission to Protect, Preserve, and Restore the Greater Youghiogheny River Watershed. They host a whole bunch of events including river cleanup, bike trail "bird and bloom" hikes, fly fishing workshops, and they throw one hell of a party in Ohiopyle each November, The Yough Defense Party.

We also teamed up with Unity Brewing in Latrobe to collaborate on a limited release beer, Hellbender Hazy IPA, and we're having a launch party at Unity Brewing on Saturday, 4/6 from 5-8pm. Hope to see you there! If you're so inclined, please sign up for our mailer and get involved in whatever way can. Thanks!

Welcome, from Jones Mills! You're not too awful far. PA Fly Co. is a great fly shop outside of Mt. Pleasant at the top of 3 Mile hill (Rt.31). Highly recommend stopping in on your way to Laurel Hill, Meadow, Indian Creek, etc.
Good call! Nice guy, answered a lot of questions. Didn’t make much money as I was unprepared and short on time. Will be back and highly recommend Pa Fly Co. Thanks again.

While I've got the attention of a handful of Westmorelanders, I'll also plug an organization I work with, the Mountain Watershed Association (MWA). What started as an AMD remediation project for the Indian Creek Valley has grown into a full fledged conservation and advocacy group with the mission to Protect, Preserve, and Restore the Greater Youghiogheny River Watershed. They host a whole bunch of events including river cleanup, bike trail "bird and bloom" hikes, fly fishing workshops, and they throw one hell of a party in Ohiopyle each November, The Yough Defense Party.

We also teamed up with Unity Brewing in Latrobe to collaborate on a limited release beer, Hellbender Hazy IPA, and we're having a launch party at Unity Brewing on Saturday, 4/6 from 5-8pm. Hope to see you there! If you're so inclined, please sign up for our mailer and get involved in whatever way can. Thanks!
MWA has done great work. Thanks for all you do.

Welcome! I am also from Westmoreland! I would recommend going to see Doug at Pa Fly Co at top of three mile hill in Acme awesome guy! I also order stuff from Lively Legz they are up towards Ford City. They only do online stuff I believe!

Welcome, you can learn a lot here including some fly fishing!

Back