Neshannock festivities 3/2/13

pro4mance

pro4mance

Anyone going up Saturday for the stocking and pancake breakfast and all the rest?

There will be several hundred people there. There will be guys standing in the water waiting for the buckets to be thrown in. Every store front will be packed with people. It's a good time to just spend with family, but I'd never fish that day. The week after with the Lunker stocking is much less crowded if you want to actually fish one of the "events" in Volant. Either way stop in the shop and shoot the breeze with Bob.

I'll be there, been going since I was real little. Yeah it's always exremely crowded for the stocking but I still fish it every year(if it's fishable), along with the lunker stocking, and most weekends throughout the rest of the spring. There's been many days when it was less crowded and I still caught more fish than I would on the stocking days, but it's kinda tradition to still fish after the stockings. Don't know why, I hate crowds.

If it's not fishable I'll be eating a LOT of pancakes and spending time in the shop spending all my money, talking, etc. which I'll still do anyways lol.

Here's the link.. http://www.ncflyshop.com/events-2013-03-02-stocking.stm

PS- ryguyfi, if you happen to see someone fishing with a big oversized reel on a 6wt it's probably me lol. I really need to catch some fish on the new reel! I've been out with it once on a warmwater river near me but got skunked. In a few weeks I definitely plan on using it for some steelhead.

I am planning on going up, wanted to bring the kids but they have activities going on. I will bring my gear with me in case I decide to fish, still looking for first fish on the fly rod. I've been up to the shop a couple of times and BS'd with Bob and fished one day. May bring a friend who has never flyfished before, we'll see. Pancakes are always good

Back