Neshaminy Creek, stocked waters, Buck Co

tabasco_joe

tabasco_joe

I fished both the upper and lower stocked sections Saturday morning. Good flow and clear for the Neshaminy. I didn't get the water temp as the battery died in my temp gauge.

I started out at dawn at the Mill Road end of the stocked section. Fished from below the bridge to slightly above. There were only two other people fishing. No action, no bugs, no aquatic activity at all.

I then jumped up to the section along Valley Road. No one was fishing here. Fished about 100 yards of that section with same results. No action, no bugs, no sign of other aquatic activity. Just lots of trash from the previous weekend.

From here I ran down to the stocked section in Tyler Park. Two other guys were fishing. On said there were some rises in the flat section just below the dam and that he caught and released two. The other guy had no success. I moved into the run below the walking bridge and hooked but lost one trout on a streamer. I nymphed the section just below the walking bridge and then blind cast the flat below the dam with an Elks Hair dry but only got one fish to roll by it.

The fellow who caught the two trout had moved above the dam and caught several bass.

Returning home I went past the upper section parking lots again and there were no more cars.

Looks like this gets fished opening weekend and then very few people take advantage.

At least I got the kinks out of the equipment before I go up to central PA.

I don't know the Nesh well but are any of the spots you refer to the area just before Sugar Bottom Rd on York rd by the Big Brothers/Big Sisters place there?

I used to fish there 20 plus years ago, havent in a long time was considering taking my 7 year old out

timmyt2 wrote:
I don't know the Nesh well but are any of the spots you refer to the area just before Sugar Bottom Rd on York rd by the Big Brothers/Big Sisters place there?

I used to fish there 20 plus years ago, havent in a long time was considering taking my 7 year old out

The upper stocked section is along Valley road down to the Mill Road bridge. Rt 263 crosses over about the middle of that section. Which is right next to the BB/BS office. (Parking is available right there.)

If you take your son on this stretch, I'd suggest along Valley Road.
They have another stocking scheduled week of 4/26.
Don't know if this will bring out a crowd or not.

It's tick season so be prepared.

If you want to take your son for bluegills there is a nice pond in the Warwick park off Dark Hollow and Almshouse Road.

Back