name the streams

redrockgrizzly

redrockgrizzly

ok, i was bored so i was going through my fishing pictures over the last few seasons. when i start fishing i usually take a picture or 2 of the stream just for reference. i arranged them from easiest to the hardest. all the streams are in Pennsylvania, within easy driving distance of Muncy Pa, and most of the flyfisherman on here have probably fished at least 1 or 2 of these streams. also, they are very popular streams

100_0393.jpg

100_2426.jpg

100_2457.jpg

100_2352.jpg

100_2378.jpg

100_2400.jpg

Great idea. I don't even know where Muncy is, so that isn't much of a clue, but if I may make a suggestion: When posting pictures within a thread like this, it really helps to keep the horizontal dimentions around 600 pixels, otherwise, as you will see if you cannot modify these, people's responses will require readers to scroll left and right in order to read from line to line.

Can't place them.
They look like trout streams to me. There are probably only a handful of stretches of water that I could ID from a picture. So many of them share similar qualities.

That's pretty though. You got your basic water, your basic rocks, your basic trees. There's not much to go on. But I'll bite.

1) Pine Creek

2) Loyalsock Creek

3) Fishing Creek (Clinton)

4) Penns Cr

5) White Deer Cr

6) Penns Creek again?

I'd agree with Troutbert on 1 and 2, I was thinking maybe 3 was Little Pine, no idea on 4, Kettle on 5, and no idea on 6.

Boyer

by troutbert on 2007/6/13 17:56:50

That's pretty though. You got your basic water, your basic rocks, your basic trees. There's not much to go on. But I'll bite.

1) Pine Creek

2) Loyalsock Creek

3) Fishing Creek (Clinton)

4) Penns Cr

5) White Deer Cr

6) Penns Creek again?

not bad troutbert
1 - 3 - 5 are correct

1. Pine creek -- about 3 miles above Mcconnells store

2. penns creek -- above the wiekert bridge

3. fishing creek -- about 1 mile below the hatchery

4. spring creek -- about 1 mile below the paradise

5. white deer creek -- about 1/2 east of the 80 bridge

6. fishing creek above the orangeville bridge

Dear Redrock,

Troutbert's guesses are pretty much what I would guess too.

Maybe 5 is Young Womans Creek and 6 is Lycoming Creek but I doubt it?

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Dang I thought I recognized the 4th one, I think its just upstream from a picture I have of Spring Creek about a mile below paradise... All of the others Ive never been to.

#4, Spring Creek is the one that surprises me the most. It looks so big in the picture, like a river.

Dear troutbert,

Spring Creek threw me too, but now that we know that is picture #4 I'm guessing that picture was taken from the riffle right below the handicapped fishing platform at the Pink Trailer parking lot.

The lack of leaves and the bankful of water made it tough to think of Spring Creekm but I'll bet a pitcher of Yuengling and a dozen hot wings that I have the spot it was taken from correct.

I should have gotten Columbia County's Fishing Creek right too. That looks just like the area around the Rte 487 bridge by Orangeville even though I'm not used to seeing it with that much water in it.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

I knew instantly that # 1 was Pine Creek, I just thought it was up a bit further. I wasn't sure of the others so I thought I'd let it go. That was fun!

Back