My new baby

Becker and I got out for some lawn casting this afternoon.

That Winston is one SWEET casting rod! Hard to believe it's that nice for $200. Winston's gonna sell a ton of those things.

was there SHARKSKIN involved?

Actually there was Sharkskin involved, but it was on Ed's custom Sage rod, that he allowed me to compare to the Winston. The Winston with the GPX is sweet.

I had a date with the wife tonight and I could not stop myself practicing casting with the handgun technique, while on the date. Just trying to get used to the 4 point motion and making it feel natural.

jdaddy wrote:
gfen wrote:
I feel that was directed toward me.

Frederick, mostly. I know he's a fan.

I'd buy a Sharkskin line if I could find it in DT and for $30-40.

(oh hey, they come in DT, not dropping a bill on it though)

LRSABecker wrote:
I had a date with the wife tonight and I could not stop myself practicing casting with the handgun technique, while on the date.

Boy, am I glad you didn't go to an auction. ;-)

Your casting improved considerably in that short session. Keep your practice sessions to around 20 - 30 minutes. Any more than that, and your arm will get tired - you'll develop bad muscle memory...

gfen wrote:
jdaddy wrote:
gfen wrote:

Very overrated line IMHO even they are realizing it no since they keep dropping the price .

Fredrick wrote:
gfen wrote:
jdaddy wrote:
gfen wrote:

Very overrated line IMHO even they are realizing it no since they keep dropping the price .

Says the guy who has never fished it . . .

So when did you pick it up? I called on Friday and they said they had two left so I'm thinking we got the last two. The uncertainty of a 'Spring Delivery' back order from the website and a little more than I wanted to deal with. So my lady and I made a road trip out of it today. Nice drive, wish things were in bloom a bit. We even got to stop in Centralia, which I have never seen before.

Haven't casted it yet but I can't imagine I won't love it, everything else about it seems great.

Shane, I have an extra neoprene reel holder thingy if you need it. PM me if you want it.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    348.3 KB · Views: 3
Thats funny, because HA and I went out Friday and we knew the man that works in the fly shop at Cabelas, and when I told him what I was buying he asked if I had called earlier and reserved one. I told him I had called earlier to make sure there was one there (there were two), but I did not reserve one. So, yes we both did get the last 2 LOL. Good #OOPS#

I do not need a neoprene case as Ha gave me one already, but thanks.

My girlfriend has a Passport and loves it too. It was definitley a good deal. The SA line that comes with cost $70 alone.

LRSABecker wrote:
No case for reel. Need someone to send me their crown royal bag.
Watched Alaskan State Trooper show and the favorite storage container for the weed is:a crown Royal Bag.LOL GG

When I was of a younger age, the mary jane and glass pipes to smoke it were very popularly carried in the crown royal bag.

Back