My first pick on the fly

gemiller

gemiller

253990_2018318614222_1131571599_2324960_7889304_n.jpg

I caught this pulling streamers off the front of the boat yesterday. I've caught some similar ones on spinners in streams/rivers before but this was a neat fly catch for me

Gotta love the boat hair ;)

Nice! We have to hit the rock this summer when it warms up a bit, see if we can pick off a few redfins.

Boyer

Definately! Rock has fished well for trout for me, thought it's been hard hitting the water while it's at a fishable level, but it seems the weather has stabilized at least for a while!

negative, it's up in auburn on the river. we just went out to play in the boat and throw a few lines in and got pleasantly suprised, also hooked:
253968_2018274213112_1131571599_2324815_3622988_n.jpg

He was a fat little dude.

Lots of white crappie and perch too. But that pick and catty were the two "big ones" caught.

I fish sweet arrow a ton, and have not had much luck in there. I've seen some huge carp pulled out, and if you go into the AA bait shop you'll see pics of some monsters from in there. But for me, I don't know what's up because I can't catch anything but sunnies out of it.

Dear gemiller,

Any size to the sunnies in Sweet Arrow? I'm just looking for a spot to fish that is somewhat close to home and there are only about a half dozen lakes withing 30 miles of Harrisburg so Sweet Arrow is on the list.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

i played in sweet arrow for a season.....back before they drained it. and never did much of anything. a metric ton of average sunfish, some crappies and a small bass or two. nothing to brag about at all.
there are toothy guys in memorial lake, both big and small, but i never caught any....buddy caught a chain on a rig i loaned him...i was so pissed. and i have seen lurking tigers.

Brain is about spot on nothing of much interest in there in quantity. Now the stream above is another thing.

Memorial lake as noted is also mediocre at best imo. The best lake/pond fishing around here tends to be farm ponds.

Blue Marsh can be fun if your interested in catfish, and my buddy caught a decent striper hybrid 2 weeks ago.

Are you looking to drop a boat in or just shore fish? Because some of these locations prove to lake shore fishing access.

Minsi lake a year or so ago, it was weird, I picked a rock and just threw casts out. I'd taken some bass, blue gills, then the sun went behind a cloud and every single cast produced a vicious take from a pickeral. Sun came out, it stopped. Went back, and they were on fire again.

Then I went home.

TimMurphy wrote:
Dear gemiller,

Any size to the sunnies in Sweet Arrow? I'm just looking for a spot to fish that is somewhat close to home and there are only about a half dozen lakes withing 30 miles of Harrisburg so Sweet Arrow is on the list.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Dear Tim,

Who the hell would care about lakes and ponds when you have the lower susq.... oh. yeah. That's right.

I never thought I'd see a dude from Harrisburg lookin for the nearest place to do some WW fishin, but we've reached that point. :-(

Jay

Back