Musky article from a few years back - Lancaster News

wgmiller

wgmiller

I remember reading this article several years ago before my interest in musky fishing developed. While not a fly fisherman, he does 99% of his fishing from shore and wading (like myself) and I found the reading worthwhile.

http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/240761_Musky-love.html

We subscribe on and off to the Lancaster paper, so it must have been during a period that we didn't subscribe when that article ran since I don't remember reading it. Thanks for posting it. As an individual who has targeted trout almost 100% of the time, I can tell you that a musky on the fly is at the very top of my list to target and catch. It wouldn't even have to be a large one; I'd be satisfied (for a bit, anyway) with a 12-incher...

neat article but keeping the musky lame. Take a picture and let it go

I remember that article.

Now if I can just find the clipping that I cut out in 1997 about the giant muskie that attacked and nearly ate a 33 incher in the Susky near Duncannon. :-o

Fishidiot wrote:
I remember that article.

Now if I can just find the clipping that I cut out in 1997 about the giant muskie that attacked and nearly ate a 33 incher in the Susky near Duncannon. :-o

Okay - here ya go...
I'm unable to make the link work but if you go to the Patriot News archive and type into the search box" "Monster muskie attacks" it has what appears to be the same article as the old yellow clipping I found in my muskie file (Sunday, May 11, 1997).

codym21 wrote:
neat article but keeping the musky lame. Take a picture and let it go

I hear ya as I'm an ardent C & R guy, but that was the only musky that guy ever kept. Not to mention, a fish that age certainly is getting up there in years... He was also well within his legal rights to keep it as it met the harvest criteria.

Back