Muskies at Cabelas

F

Fishidiot

If you've been to Cabelas lately you may have seen the fish tanks are full of muskie fingerlings. This is a program between the PFBC and the local chapter of Muskies Inc. The fish will be stocked eventually in local waters in eastern PA (maybe they already have - been a few weeks since I was there). Anyway, it's a neat concept and serves as good outreach to the local community and raises awareness of the muskie program. Raising muskie fingerlings is very expensive and programs like this help get public and corporate support.

Muskies at Cabelas

Pretty sure those musky are stocked in the Skuke. At least the ones from years past have been.

A number of waters received those fish....not just the Schuylkill. In fact, a very minor portion was stocked in the Schuylkill. Plus the club has been purchasing 12-14 inch muskies for a few years to stock in Marsh Creek Lake, Nockamixon, Auburn Dam on the Schuylkill, and Tuscarora Lake.

This program is continuing and the tigers raised in past years are being replaced with purebreds. Kudos to Cabelas and MuskiesInc.

I really love that fish tank at Cabelas. :)

Muskies in a fish tank

It's awesome to see all of those musky in there. They look healthier each time I go too which is great. Keep em coming!

I need to get on the muskie bandwagon. That place is like heaven. the fly fishing section is ok it could be better but the customer service is great.

Last year I saw one of them with the tail of another sticking out of its mouth. Crazy what those fish will eat, even at such a young age.

Back