mouse fly.

Now that has some real potential to catch on. Ankle biter patterns.. in the works :pint:

I fished a mouse last weekend all day at fishermans paradise in the high water. That is some of the most fun fishing ive had in awhile!

I didnt land any fish but I moved at least 16. By moved I mean ether they charged it, hit and missed it, or got it and I screwed up.

But its so exciting to see the big head of a 15"+ fish come out of nowhere to slam a big fly on the surface.

I found that the plop up against the bank was the trigger and a dead drift was mandatory. If I "swam" the mouse then it got little or no attention. Also I was fishing between 11:00 a.m.- 4:00 pm although it was overcast w/ high flows.

FL spoiled me. I'd walk out of the back porch into pitch black, take three steps and launch a Gurgler into the weeds.

Strip, stri-splash. 20" LMB. Over and over and over again.

Kinda like masturbation, ultimately pointless but it didn't stop me from doing it so my fingers chaffed.

gfen wrote:

FL spoiled me. I'd walk out of the back porch into pitch black, take three steps and launch a Gurgler into the weeds.

Kinda like masturbation, ultimately pointless but it didn't stop me from doing it so my fingers chaffed.

HA thats the funniest thing ive seen on the internet since this video of a chimp

BrookieBkuster101 wrote:
gfen wrote:

HA thats the funniest thing ive seen on the internet since this video of a chimp

Can't be real! But if it is that's awesome.

RowJimmy wrote:
Can't be real! But if it is that's awesome.

How have you not been eaten by something higher up the food chain, yet?

Huh?

There's a link in it that pretty much states that it's viral advertising for the planet of the apes.

Fish it along the banks try it upstream or downstream. Tight to the bank.

Mouse flies are often used for pike, inconnue, muskie, bass and large trout with many different patterns available....Good topic..

I have tied mouse flies for smallmouth and have done well on them. I just pulled them across the surface as fast as i could.

Back