Most Influential PA Fly-fishers

Ron Kobli of Koblis caddis hatch fly shop for getting me hooked in the sport and introducing me to the likes of Ernie Schreibert, Art Flick, Darbees, dettes, Wulffs, Charlie fox, and many more pa flyfishers from the past

Saw Ed Sutryn's name on here. I got to meet him when I first got into fly tying by joining the Berks Fly Tiers. He was quite the character and freely gave of his time and knowledge at our meetings.
The members of that club were my most influential persons....unfortunately my memory will not allow me to recount their names, except for a gentleman I know only as Tucker, whom I still run into on the Tully now and then.

surfcowboyxx,
I worked for Herb behind the old gas station in Lansdale and again in Souderton. fishing the surf and we used to fish noxamixon for walleyes at the dam. again tied for Bill along with Kenny schramm (remember him). herb went to Russia (I was to go but married with 2 little ones then) along with a bunch of guys. pisses me off I didn't go. herb is still there married a Russian woman. the cape and Martha's was a great time back then.

THIS IS THE EASIEST TOPIC.

THE PERSON THAT TAUGHT YOU AND TOOK YOU

I can't believe maxima12 (?) or who ever didn't make this list

My fly fishing friends, all of them. They know who they are. I learn something from each of them every time we’re out, no matter their skill level.

Back