Mini Steelhead Swap Part Deux

boss_steb

boss_steb

Talk about ripping off of a great leader...sorry Dave but it was done so well the first time I just lifted it...my apologies if i messed it up in any way.

[color=009900]"We'll pull this out into it's own topic...

Who is up for a quick salmon / steelhead swap to get ready for the upcoming season. Be forewarned, we'll probably want a quicker turnaround time than most since the season is quickly approaching.

While we can take a few egg patterns, we don't want it to be an egg swap... I would think we need a Prince and a ZugBug to help settle that debate. Other possibilities would be PTs, black or gold stones, buggers, egg sucking leeches, comets, small decievers, etc. I don't need to list all the non-egg possibilities."[/color]

I would say we take the first dozen tiers interested. So the swap will close at the first dozen or no later than Sunday, November 29th.

We could go two weeks and have the flies tied and mailed in no later than Dec. 12th, I will do my best to turn them around as a nice Xmas gift for the tiers in the swap.

Let the group know what you are tying so we don't double up much.

I have the following guys in already:
Osprey
Midas
Flip
CRB
Boss

How this works: You tie about 13-14 flies of the same type. Send them to me along with a self addressed stamped envelope. I receive the flies, re dispense them and you will receive a dozen new and different flies in the mail. You should recieve on from each of the guys in the swap. The extra flies are sent to the website administrators...if I have that part right. I used a small jewelry box to send the flies in and Dave it back with the different flies in it.

So who is in. If there is an overwhelming request...between now and Sunday we may expand it a bit...but it can be very overwhelming if you get too many...so...break out the thread, feather, dubbing, wire, and any other materials you use...start tying...

Boss

Awesome, thanks Boss. I will tie some white weighted buggers...

Count me in, Do you need to know what i plan on tying?

Hfool....yes...if possible...

i have a blue streamer pattern that works well, i will tie that.

i am up in there air boss.

If you need someone I might be obliged.

I will tie my crystal meth/ sucker spawn hybrid if I do it.

I have had some name suggestions. . .

Seth Mucker
Miller Mucker
CrySuck
MethSpawn

Not sure. . . I am busy, but if you need a few more guys let me know.

I am going to tie a steamer pattern.
I am leaning toward syntheticat this time.
crb

Boss......I'm still in , gonna need an address to mail em to , I'm gonna do various colors , all dark , of my weighted , fuzzy , Hares ear nymph , gold tinsel ribbed , fish it in Erie just like you'd fish it at home. This sounds like fun. If i need to change anything Boss let me know , oh the nymphs will be in sizes 10 - 6 THANKS O.

Jerry Stebbins
338 E. Beau Street
Washington, PA 15301

Sounds like we should have some fun...I am still undecided...i was leaning toward the Slumpbuster again but it has been a complete bust for me...low water hasn't helped out much this year though....

I may do a nymph from on old article in The Fly Tyer on black stones...who knows right now...

How are the flies coming...My fly is as yet untested...

I knight thee...Folgers
AKA WAKE UP!!!

Size 14 hook
Bead: Gold Bead 1/8 oz
Tail: either split black goose biot or black Krystal Flash
Body: Super Bright Waspi Peacock
Rib: Glow Tinsel (Yellow)
Thorax: Waspi Golden Stone Dubbing
Wing Case: Black Swiss Straw
Legs: Black Krystal Flash

Some are looking more like spent wing something or others and this is a fly in the developement stages...I called it Folgers because I thought it might be my first fly after I get it glowing under the headlamp in the morning...

If it works....let me know...

My count is 7 so if there are guys out there...we still have room for about 5 more guys...Just give me a hollar on here...

ok im up in the air i have tyers block i have been thinking about tying a small soft hackled caddis pattern will a size 16 hook hold a steelie? i have decided im going to make it smaller on a sz 14

Is the swap closed?
number of flies to tie still 12-13?
I have to get them tied this week.
Thanks,
Crb

Well, we had said until Sunday to sign up...I have the number at 7. Typically we send some flies to the moderators of the PAFF for fun also.

So yes. We are closed and I would say the number of flies to tie would be 10.

Boss

whats the total i need to send off?

The official number is 10....how are the flies coming guys...

A little behind, going to try and crank them out tonight and tomorrow night. Hopefully still on track for the 12th...

the fly i tied is avery simple soft hackle caddis i used a standard 1x nymph hook from the flyshop.com sz.14 caddis green ice dub and dark brown hungarian partridge hackle no rib which i think i should have

Any of you guys fishing over the holidays...I will be up there Monday and Tuesday Dec 21 &22.

Boss

flies to be mailed tomorrow evening

Back