Mini outings

dc410

dc410

I was working today on a Central PA State Forest and had a little bit of spare time to wet a line. I picked a stream off of the Class A list located on the State Forest. I dropped the lower limit coordinates on my OnX app to verify the location of the Class A section. After driving along a section of the stream I located a nice pull off to park with some decent water close by.

With not a lot of time to fish I went with the “down and dirty” method. I threw on my Muck boots, put together my 2 piece 7 1/2’ rod with my old Pflueger reel and stuffed an Altoid tin with a few flies and a spool of tippet material in my pocket. Ready to roll! I always enjoy exploring a totally new section of stream. I immediately noticed a fairly steady emergence of yellow sallies so I put a yellow bodied stimulator on (size 12 was the smallest I had with me). In the next half hour I caught two trout on the stimmie pattern on top in the fast runs. These mini outings always seem serve as a recharge for me. The state list had this stream listed as a Class A brown trout stream. I would make the argument that it’s a brookie stream - at least it was this afternoon. We are very blessed with so many of these kinds of fishing opportunities in PA.

E47CBC21 8B7F 4EEF 8058 1393319EBD28

3328762E 0ED1 4E11 89FA C4153B3A5DBA
10503401 6ED2 41A7 BC6B 7D6FAB698E0D
CF7EB4E6 CDF5 45F2 808D CE1EF36AC34A

Sounds like a blast

That's awesome and thank you for the picture of the yellow Sally. I've never seen one and you saved me a little googling.

I'm feeling inspired now to go tie some stimis

Dry fly fishing, warm weather, cold water, minimal gear is my favorite.

Back