Mini-jam Fall 2010, NE Pennsylvania and Catskills.

• Thread starter sight_nymph_17109
  • Start date
Well with that bit of information, I guess I will stay out of there. I mean mine are probably bigger than hers, but they are not very nice.

1. True.

2. Very, very true!

Putting the ice in a zip lock bag . . .

UPDATE:

So far, the dates are looking like 9/24 - 9/26. I've spoken to my buddy Josh and we'll be trying to head up early on Wed 9/22.

I've been trying to put together some type of agenda or plan for the 'jam'. Feel free to make any suggestions or comments.

If anyone is interested, I can lead a driving type of tour that would show the west branch, lower east, upper east and Beaverkill. I could point out access points, historical pools and the tour would end up at the Catskill Fly Fishing Museum. Everything is right off of RT 17 and very easy to find.

I've spoken with Jim "Coz" Costolnick, owner of Border Water Outfitters. His shop is about 1/2 mile from the motel and he will stay open Oct 1st. I've also asked him if he'd be willing to come by the motel and give a little talk on the Upper Delaware River System. He said that wouldn't be a problem as long as he's got 2-3 days notice.

I'm also attempting to get some cool stuff for participants or for a raffle. I'd love to see some guys that have never been to that area join in. If you've never been there, please don't expect that you'll go there and catch 20 fish over 20".... it can be a very tough place to fish. You might cast to 20 fish over 20" and there's not many places where that can happen.

We should do it the weekend before the one your planning and have and Alpa birthday jam! Either way I'll be there with a lip skoal and a case of moosehead party on!

Sight,

Sounds like you putting a lot of time and effort for the Jam. Great stuff so far. Thanks. I'm really going to try to make it if possible.

Hey Sight, one other thing, your avatar keeps changing. How do we know you when we see you? Now this is you below..........right?!?....and this is Alpa I assume. Be proud to be seen fishin' with you guys. I sure the locals as well as the guides will give us a wide berth on the water........lol

Attachments

• Sight.jpg
    Sight.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Alpha.jpg
    Alpha.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 3
I have to give Britney her time to shine but I've already thought of my next avatar and it will even better.

"I sure the locals as well as the guides will give us a wide berth on the water........lol"

Thats what were tryin for!

Those dates work for me. I'll be bumming alpa's skoal and moosehead.

I am just trying to decide if I am rooming with Alpha's avatar or Sights avatar. Pretty much a toss up IMHO.

I think a snap shot of the dueling banjo kid when he is smiling would be even hawter. His toofers is purdy.

Either way, by the end of the evening you'll be squeeling like a pig.

Haha im stayin at different Hotel!

Either way, by the end of the evening you'll be squeeling like a pig.

Nice hand, sir! With that point well taken, I'm going with Alpha . . . I meant Brittney.

Afish,
I'm trying to make this a pretty nice little trip for any that go. I spoke to a guide up there today and he's given me a few ideas that may work. I don't want to show my hand until I'm sure.

Jeff,
I found the pick of the banjo boy grinning but it wasn't very clear. That's why I ended up w/ this one. I'm fishing with Brandon this weekend and I'm going to try to get him to join along in Sept. Maybe he can do a little thing on Czech Nymphing. Josh said that he's going to have some T-shirts made. I can only imagine what he's up to. Yours would read "fishing Jeff" on the back. LMAO

Alpa,
Too good for the Capra? Where are you going... Smith's? Coz suggested that if the group is smaller, we should stay there. Smith's have river access and I didn't know that. You're probably one of those "high dollar" types that'll pay $400 for 2 nites in a cabin at the WB Angler. Don't bring a bamboo rod or you're out!!

Not to good for the Capra I just dont want my girl Britney exposed to the kind of shenanigans that take place at these things. Just like you would never take a knife to a gun fight you should never bring a tomato stick to do the work of a Helio lol.

I'll be at the Carpa until they throw us out!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be leading the "on the water at 10am" brigade, for those of you that don't do the morning thing very well. Especially after partying.

Normally I'd be right there with ya but a Delaware river sunrise it's a pretty amazing sight! It's worth getting up early and then taking a nap at 9am.

On the water by 10 brigade? We'll have to inspire some to get up earlier at least one day. Depending on flow and weather conditions, I'll be on the river at daybreak looking for the big boys. Just a quick 2-3 hours in low light hoping to find on of the giants cruzing. Back to the room for some nap time and back out for a 3 pm - dark. If I'm floating, I'll start around 10-11. I'll drink 3-5 beers but that's as wild as I'll get.

I got up at daybreak at the jam and was rewarded with my nicest trout ever. I have caught one or two bigger, but he was beautiful.

I was pretty hung over. I guess I could be convinced, but I'm a bear in the morning.

now that I know how to attach video.... here ya go

Don't worry, you will be fine at 10:00. Sight has to get up, run his dog, Josh has a 5 course meal, you will be on the water by 10:00. I will likely do an early morning one morning, but am sure my drunkenness will not allow two early mornings, so we can fish.

Great videos sightnymph. That is really what the Delaware River is all about IMO

Right now - you can put me at 75% for coming. I just need to make sure that weekend is clear for me, if it is, Ill be there!

Back