Leaf green fine wire (0,1mm)

Attachments

• E45D819C-11E1-4F04-87AA-56FAB811BE7C.jpeg
    E45D819C-11E1-4F04-87AA-56FAB811BE7C.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 0B70F04B-1EC4-42EF-B163-0866D8604E74.jpeg
    0B70F04B-1EC4-42EF-B163-0866D8604E74.jpeg
    14 KB · Views: 4
no way thin to win well done. i usually undersize wire on most patterns to be honest.

Looks good! Always remember.....it doesn't matter what you think.....it matters what the trout think!!

I clicked on this expecting to see a #20 or smaller lol

bigjohn58 wrote:

I do not understand why someone would laugh at someone else's post or flies. I believe what fly fisher's refer to as "midges" are Diptera, and they can be larger than a size 20 hook.

outsider wrote:
bigjohn58 wrote:

I do not understand why someone would laugh at someone else's post or flies. I believe what fly fisher's refer to as "midges" are Diptera, and they can be larger than a size 20 hook.

A little late to the party but rarely do you hear of a midge that large. I was just thrown off. Wasn't really laughing at the guy because the flies don't look bad at all but it was just not what I expected. Honestly the laugh was kind of towards me since it wasn't what I was expecting.

Looks good! I personally found one in a tree on spring creek years ago that was a size 12 I fished it and caught fish but generally keep them to sizes 18 and smaller good luck nice tie and sometimes incorporate a splash of a flash element wether it's a glad bead or a small piece of Krystal flash for a tail

Beads and tails look like they are in proportion to the body. Body has slight taper, thicker towards the bead. Good segmentation.

Like Steeltrap said, it matters what the fish think. I'm sure they will be eaten not because they look like midge larvae, and they do, but because they look like lots of edible things the trout see. IMO, you are better off with flies that are generally impressionist that ones that are specific looking, depending on the place you are fishing and the timing.

Nice work. Use them with confidence and they will catch fish.

paulbrown145 wrote:
...Still learning technics, my old eyes and fingers may not let me tie that small anyway,
If you aren't using magnification when you tie, you should no matter what your age.

You won't believe how much easier it makes things, how much longer you can comfortably tie, how much smaller you can comfortably go and how much better your flies look.

I prefer a headband magnifier that doesn't get in the way like magnifiers mounted on lamps or vises like the OptiVISOR, but there are other options.

Have fun!!

Back