Midcoast Maine Fishing

tjsingle

tjsingle

Hey Guys,

I am headed up to the Midcoast region of Maine in Mid-October. I am aware that in fishing in creeks and rivers is closed from 10/1 to 3/31 annually, however I am interested in getting some fishing in while I am up there. There are several ponds and lakes in the area where we are staying. I wasn't sure if there were any map resources such as PFBCs ArcGIS map, or if there were special regulation areas that had a different season. We are definitely interested headed over to Bar Harbor/Acadia National Park.

Thank you,
Tom

I think the east outlet of the kennebec at mooshead lake has an extended season but you probably want to check the regs. When I worked there in 2017 I dont think I fished at all after 10/1.

Quite a few ponds/lakes in the Mt Desert Isle area that hold trout. I just got done researching for a prospective 2020 trip.

Check the Maine IFW site below.

https://www.maine.gov/ifw/index.html

Thanks guys. I did look into the East Outlet and we potentially might do a float trip one of the days. The ponds and lakes on Desert Island are definitely of interest, might be a good way to explore Acadia National Park.

Back