McMichael Creek in Stroud Township

F

flyagra

Does anyone have any experience here? I am wondering how it is fishing? Thinking about going tomorrow morning early. Appreciate any insights.

Just as an educated guess, and looking at the USGS gauges on other Brodhead watershed streams...

It's likely gonna be really low.

I find McMichael's to be tough fishing with low water. The well known entry points of the DHALO along Hickory Valley have few "deep" sections. If you can get below the DHALO but before confluence with Pocono; there are many more deep sections. Kayak works best or study Google maps for entry points. Kovarick is a good spot. There's one big palamino left below the Golf Course cottage rental. Personally, I'd fish the Brodhead before McMichaels right now. Better bug activity and fish habitat.

Thanks for the update. I was headed to the golf course area and below. Perhaps a change in plans is required. Is the B-ville fishing ok?

Thanks for the update. Any experience on the Appenzell?

Any of the parks along 191 should be okay but remember the water is low on the brodhead. Look for faster water since it is the summer time. McMichaels down by the golf course has some deep holes on the bends. Also where the old slaughter house is there are some really deep holes as well.Saw a pic from a local fisherman with a 18 in wild brown from earlier in the summer on the McMichaels. But the water is low, so not sure if those holes are nearly as deep. With the low water id stay away from the pocono, probably looks like a trickle now a days. Fish early and fish in the evening as well. Midday with the sun and low water makes the fish skittish. Good luck!-Kev

Thanks. Not a productive day but the holes are there and plenty of fish. There was a short hatch and we were surrounded by fish coming out of water we think chasing emergers. Gin clear, pretty low but cold water.

There is a nice stretch by Kovaricks. Park at the electric box off of Beverly LN or McMichaels DR and fish downstream. I haven't been there in a couple years but there are always holdovers in that stretch

Back