Marvin creek FFO

J

jjgeorge2

Anyone here familiar with the fly fishing only section of Marvin Creek just outside of Smethport? I'm finally taking the leap this year and picking up a fly rod for the first time. I'll be at the camp in McKean Co from around Jun 7th or 8th to about the 17th. Any suggestions on what to use that time of year up there?

Thanks,
Jay

Depending on the weather etc...Drakes hopefully will show up. I would have a supply of green drakes (make sure they are the "eastern" drakes...not all shops around potter/makean county carry the "easterns"). And make sure you have rusty spinners in sizes 12/14/16 to cover various hatches at dark with the spinner fall (if drakes are coming off have the coffin flys for sure..landed 3 18" and 1 19" brown in 1 night last june on these). Also you never go wrong with the wooleybuggers Olive, Brown and White. Last year I had great luck with various colored Klinkhammers for emergers. Hope this helps.

wow i haven`t fished that in about 6 yrs or so, i pass it on my way to fish the first fork sinnemahoning, never see any cars at the pull off

Back