Looking for a loooong nymphng rod...

WooHoo! Finally my WINSTON BIIMX 9'6" 5 WEIGHT - 4 PIECE rod is on it's way. BlueQuill no matter how much I love dealing with them does not take Discover, my only card...which I never carry a balance on. They did hold the rod and I sent them a money order which I have no idea what happened to it but it never got to Colorado. So since I did not hear from them I called and found this out and they still held the rod at a significant discount while I canceled the 1st MO and had the bank issue me a 2nd. It's in the mail. It's like Christmas in August. I'm so excited!

Got the rod, It's more than I hoped for and different in the same way. It's stiff. It is the stiffest rod I've used to date...but with the fastest tip flex action I've experienced. I need to get use to letting the rod do the job with this one. It is in the truest sense a nymphing rod. Sink them fast an accurate. I don't think our cat appreciated it. Sorry kitty, had to see if I could hit the tip of his tail! LOL! Yes I do believe this is a keeper. Can't wait to hit the stream. I do believe if I let my son try it out I may never see it again. But a Sage in exchange will do me just fine. I'm no super star fly fisher person but I can feel a great rod when I pick one up and this is super fine I probably can't do this rod justice. What's the word they use now? "SNAP!" It's sweet.

wetnet wrote:
I probably can't do this rod justice.

Sure you can. Don't sell yourself short. Now go catch a fish with it before the kid does - that'll officially put your "mark" on it. :-D

Congratulations on your new rod!

I'm going to check out the Lack for some clean up areas later today so I'll take it along. I'm not ready to part with it just yet. My boy did try it out with my permission and unloaded all of the fly line to the backing, all 100 feet of it. His Dad watched him. When I got home I asked him how he liked it? He just said it's a really nice rod. Then he said he'd take me out next Saturday and he's leave his rod in the car for an hour or so. He's always learning new things so I'm glad he's taken the time to share them with me because I do too. I'm excited to get out and re-tune some skills as well.

I have heard good things about Cortland's "Brook Series" 10ft. 4 and 5 weight rods. I understand they are "Fast". IMO would make a good nymphing rod.

Back