Locating suckers near Lancaster

E

Eich

I am wanting to diversify a bit on my species list. I have caught carp on the fly and that is a blast. I would like to target some non-trout streams in the Lancaster area for the purpose of catching suckers. Any input that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. Probably will be using San Juan worms as the "go to" pattern. Thank you in advance for any information. You guys are great!

Ray

There's a creek that has millions of suckers near me, I can catch them a dime a dozen on steelhead flies and streamers. They like the bright and shiny things :)

try to foul hook them in the tail=u wood think ya had a bonefish on.

Why foul hook them? It's not like they are hard to catch.... :(

I'm a sucker near Lancaster! :-D Seriously, there are suckers in just about every marginal trout stream.

...and along every marginal trout stream as well!!! :-D

I'm a sucker near Lancaster! Seriously, there are suckers in just about every marginal trout stream.

Posted on: 3/18 0:46

wgmiller Re: Locating suckers near Lancaster #6

From Mount Joy, PA USA
...and along every marginal trout stream as well!!!

Posted on: 3/18 22:22

Yes gentlemen and it is that the BIGGEST suckers are on the bank!
:)

Ray

why tail hook them-
fair hooked suckers[and I caught a great many] are about the least exciting fish size for size
a tail hooked one can put on a first run that no trout can match size for size
one unbelievably short,fast burst then they give up but its something else.
Why? probably natures way to keep them all from becoming fishes dinners .lol

hmmmm suckers near Lancaster. Well i know of plenty of streams but all are ATW's. So you cant fish them right now. Id say after first day, Little Chickes, Chickes Creek, Cocalico Creek and Hammer Creek are really good bets for suckers. Stay away from walter street lancaster though! Thats not a good kind of sucker :lol:

Back