line color preference

I have never had a trout strike at my line. As was noted, if they "see" the line, it means the same to them no matter the color. And, by the "same," I mean that it probably means nothing at all.

It really depends.

When I wear my Clear Pool or Glass Blue shirts, I'm using Patagonia's trademarked names as I prefer their clothing to Colombia or Orvis. As I was saying, when I wear a shirt in those colours, I prefer to have an orange line, they're complementng colours and it'll help bring out the lighter browns in my eyes.

Now, if I'm wearing something akin to their El Cap Khaki or Bleached Sand, I want something more rustic, perhaps a line in a tan or even a mustard. I like to think of myself on a sort outdoors adventure, and sort of like Gunga Din on a fly fishing trip.

I have a splendid Tilley Airflo that really sets my outfit off, too.

gfen wrote:

It really depends.

When I wear my Clear Pool or Glass Blue shirts, I'm using Patagonia's trademarked names as I prefer their clothing to Colombia or Orvis. As I was saying, when I wear a shirt in those colours, I prefer to have an orange line, they're complementng colours and it'll help bring out the lighter browns in my eyes.

Orange line in spring??? Orange is a fall color. Yellow is for spring.

gfen wrote:

It really depends.

Now, if I'm wearing something akin to their El Cap Khaki or Bleached Sand, I want something more rustic, perhaps a line in a tan or even a mustard. I like to think of myself on a sort outdoors adventure, and sort of like Gunga Din on a fly fishing trip.

I have a splendid Tilley Airflo that really sets my outfit off, too.

Agreed above, but also it's the accessories that really make the outfit. Throw in a well appointed beaded lanyard and a contrasting wading belt, and you really have a smart outfit for a day of fishing.

I look good everywhere, even on the stream. Accessories and makeup aren't needed when you are naturally beautiful.

JackM wrote:
I look good everywhere, even on the stream. Accessories and makeup aren't needed when you are naturally beautiful.

You neglected to say you're too sexy for this forum.

I can dance like Fred Astaire-- on the stream bed. Ever seen me wade?

Back