License

M

Macklin

Does the license in Pa begin and end on dec 1st

Yeah. If you don’t currently have one, and want to fish before 1/1/23, you’d need to buy a 2022. (And then a new 2023 once you hit 1/1.)

Yeah. If you don’t currently have one, and want to fish before 1/1/23, you’d need to buy a 2022. (And then a new 2023 once you hit 1/1.)
I can understand that….

2022 FISHING LICENSES
LICENSE YEAR
Annual licenses are valid from Dec. 1, 2021, through Dec. 31, 2022. WHILE FISHING, your license must be upon your person and provided upon the request of an officer.

2022 FISHING LICENSES
LICENSE YEAR
Annual licenses are valid from Dec. 1, 2021, through Dec. 31, 2022. WHILE FISHING, your license must be upon your person and provided upon the request of an officer.

That’s when they go on sale. 12/1. You could buy 2023 and use it the entire month of December. 13 months for the price of 12. See below for direct from Fish & Boat.

Fishing licenses, permits and vouchers are usually available December 1 of the year prior to the license year. For example, a 2022 license is available December 1, 2021. Licenses and permits are available at any of our Fishing License Issuing Agents.

This also means the license is valid for the month of December in the prior year. You can get 13 months of fishing for an annual license.

That’s when they go on sale. 12/1. You could buy 2023 and use it the entire month of December. 13 months for the price of 12. See below for direct from Fish & Boat.

Fishing licenses, permits and vouchers are usually available December 1 of the year prior to the license year. For example, a 2022 license is available December 1, 2021. Licenses and permits are available at any of our Fishing License Issuing Agents.

This also means the license is valid for the month of December in the prior year. You can get 13 months of fishing for an annual license.
Jay…you clear it up for me….thx man….peace

Didn’t know that the following year’s license was good for December of the previous year too. Good stuff. Thanks for clarifying guys.

Yep, you can purchase a one-year license on Dec 1 and it will be valid until Dec 31 the following year.

Is it just me or is the HuntFishPA site a colossal mess?
I'm trying to get a new multi-year license and am bouncing all over looking for what I need. They could probably find 1000 undergrad Comp Sci students who could build a better site.

Reactions: NRD
Is it just me or is the HuntFishPA site a colossal mess?
I'm trying to get a new multi-year license and am bouncing all over looking for what I need. They could probably find 1000 undergrad Comp Sci students who could build a better site.
I am with you. I just went to look for the Multi-Year as well and was not an option for me. I guess they don't have it all up yet. I couldn't find the 2023 summary pdf, but I think that is always a little behind.

Dave, I did find the multi year option but it was a journey. I managed to add 3 Annual buttons in my cart which I didn't want at all, and it seemed to automatically push an annual license in there as well without a trout stamp, which I had selected. So I cleared everything from the cart, started with a search on the Fishing category and was able to see the 5 year license I wanted, and got it straightened out after that.

HuntFishPA is a mess and not the most intuitive website I've ever used but I don't believe it is run or staffed by PFBC personnel. However IF you have a problem (or are stupid like me) and call, the reps are VERY helpful.

Another quirk I discovered was when I renewed my license & trout stamps the other day and saved it as a PDF, it also "printed" out my old license & trout stamps on the first pages of the PDF that expire at the end of this month.

That confused the heck out of me until I scrolled down and saw the new license & stamp on pages 4 & 6.

HuntFishPA is a mess and not the most intuitive website I've ever used but I don't believe it is run or staffed by PFBC personnel. However IF you have a problem (or are stupid like me) and call, the reps are VERY helpful.

Another quirk I discovered was when I renewed my license & trout stamps the other day and saved it as a PDF, it also "printed" out my old license & trout stamps on the first pages of the PDF that expire at the end of this month.

That confused the heck out of me until I scrolled down and saw the new license & stamp on pages 4 & 6.
Yep, some nonsense happened to me....

This is where NY has an advantage - you buy your license and it runs out 365 days later.

Kim

Reactions: CRB
On my last trip i realized that while I was licensed to fish for trout in Pennsylvania, I did not have my license on my person for the whole year! I did have it on my phone, but legally that does not matter. Has anyone had an experience with a game officer under similar circumstances?

Last edited:
Back