lets talk about Sunglasses

Used to always wear cheapos that we bought at a store name Katches in Mt. Carmel.....we called them Carmies after one of the old guys in town....they were huge and thick with a yellow lense & they worked great......since then I have tried expensive Cabelas glasses, they were returned........bought a few at Walmart with a red mirror lense........I bought a pair of Nikon's 2 years ago and I still have them.....I usually lose them, which is why I like cheaper....bought them on ebay for like 12 bucks......Go to ebay and type in Nikon polarized sunglasses...........

I once owned a pair of Oakley polarized glasses, but broke them in 3 places while Mt. Biking riding in the coal region........I don't know what hurt more.....my body or the fact that I just ruined a 160 dollar pair of sunglasses.........also had a pair of Oakley polarized glasses stolen while I was in college......I was working in the library and put them in a drawer.....somebody snatched them....worked with a few SUSPECT type people........but nobody ever fessed to it.....they were Yellow, who the hell steals yellow sunglasses????

If your constantly losing or breaking them, then cheap is the way to go. For Me, nothing but polarized. They need to fit tight around the eyes, including the sides to keep out the glare. Its amazing how much glare can get under the bottom of loose fitting glasses

I can't ever justify a lot of money for sunglasses. I scratch them or lose them every year or two. My recent loss this spring must have been somewhere in the stream. The polarized $12 set from Wally World seems to work fine for me. I think they also sell a set in amber for darker conditions.

Last winter I got a pair of H3O Surge sunglasses at Gander Mountain ($120). I will never go fishing with out them again. They come with 3 different lenses; gray, amber, and yellow. I use the gray for normal wear, amber for fishing, and hardly ever use the yellow. Not sure what it is for. They fit well and are very light weight. Absolutely love them!

After reading this thread and thinking about my situation - I ordered a pair of Bolle Anaconda's polarized off of Amazon.com (lowest price) I could find. These got to me last week and so far I have been impressed with the glasses. This is my first pair of "more expensive" glasses in a long time - I was a Wal-mart pair every 2 years for awhile. We'll see if in the long run they are worth the extra cash...

Suncloud Optics in my opinion are very good. For $50 bucks there hard to beat as far as lens an d quality goes.

I have Sunclouds and don't like them any better than the cheap pair of Gander Mountain specials that I had and lost. The optics are OK but they hurt my face and steam up allot. My husband worked in the ski business and I once owned a pair of Bolle's for penny's on the dollar and I wish I still had them. They are great glasses. (I am not kind to sunglasses)

My son has Smith Opticals and while the optics are better they hurt his face with pressure points. A friend lent him a pair of Oakleys for last years comps and he hasn't found better optics since. I finally broke down and bought him an early Birthday gift and ordered him a pair of his own. They were a bit more than the Smith Optics but check out the website. You get what you pay for. If you take as good of care of a pair of sunglasses as you would your Grand Pappy's inherited bamboo rod, spend the extra $$. If you trash your like me the $9.99 Gander specials work fine and you don't have to have a funeral if they should demise.

http://oakley.com/

I'm sure I recommended Oakley earlier in this thread, but I don't feel like going back through to see. Wetnet's post is going to get me talking about it again.

Oakley, hands down, is the best pair of sunglasses I've ever owned. I forget I'm wearing them half the time, and I've had them for over five years... still look like new.

I paid almost $200 for them, but it's been worth every penny.

The price has gone down, but if you get a pair of these and don't like them, I'll give you 85% of what you paid for them. That's how much I like them.

http://mtgears.stores.yahoo.net/oaxx5fmjfiir.html

Of course, you should get the polarized lenses for an extra $50.

Wetnet, I like the Sunclouds because I have a wide face and they have a king model which fits me perfect. I can't tell you how hard it is sometimes for me to find a pair of glasses that are comfortable. I also found the polarized rose colored lens to be good in the sun and in overcast. O'yea, I do agree about them having a tendency to steam up but for me I can deal with that as long as they fit. Take care.

That is probably why they don't work for me with a smaller face and a princess and the pea sensitivity. I have trouble with any glasses causing pressure points just above my ears and My Sun Clouds are a bit heavy. I don't hate them, they are good glasses but if you can afford to splurge. I'd go with Oakleys for premium optics and comfort. I so want a pair, but I know I'd leave them on a river bank somewhere. Or sit on them ..or scratch them.

Wetnet,

I've sat on mine two or three times. I've also dropped them a handful of times. There is no visible damage. The damn things are durable.

Thanks, she's my pride and joy. Weimaraners are great but can get a little crazy :-D Take care

I have 2 female field goldens not the big pet rug kind. Great in the field and in the house as well AS LONG AS WE EXERCISE THEM. My 1 year old is insane in the woods. I'm afraid she'll run into a tree someday. Bird Dogs of any kind have a soft spot with me. Mine are bugging me right now.

:lol: Our Weims like a shadow. It's funny but if you ever walked in my house you would probably see me on the floor using the dog bed as a pillow and her up on the chair lounging out.

The best pair I have ever worn were Oakley Minutes. They're great if you have a narrower face, cause they don't make you look like a bug. Of course having paid so much, I lost them, and until I can stop living on a college budget I'm sticking to the $15 dollar specials.

Oakley does have a pretty nice line of fishing specific sunglasses though, with specialized tints for shallow and deep water.

http://oakley.com/collection/681463

Back