Letort Trutta

use2wuz

use2wuz

A few years back on a “lesser” lower stretch

Attachments

• 2B7A47DC-D28C-4165-927D-6ED73A5F7D28.jpeg
    2B7A47DC-D28C-4165-927D-6ED73A5F7D28.jpeg
    399.1 KB · Views: 109
That’s a fantastic fish. I’d love to get to know that stream better, I just feel like the access is super difficult.

The Letort can certainly humble you

The big numbers of such fish are NOT in the special reg area.
Yup...I don't even bother with the special rega area. I stopped fishing that section years ago. MUCH better fishing to be found if you put the time/effort in other parts of the creek.

Haven't fished any special regs are for quite awhile excluding the Big Bushkill which maybe I fish once a year with a friend who happens to live nearby. Most streams have plenty of fish in open areas that aren't nearly as selective.

Letort is one of the greatest places you can fish on the planet. Caught some of my most memorable trout there. If you put in the time, and study it, and respect the fact the fish are so easy to spook there, you'll produce there consistently. People tell me its over fished, or there aren't big fish there, or you'll get skunked every-time you go just a bunch of nonsense. I fished there over 40 days last year and met 4 other anglers TOTAL, one even became a great friend of mine. I saw the largest fish of my life in letort, if i can post a video ill upload it. There are fish in every part of the stream, and if you think otherwise you're more than likely being to loud, which can be hard to accept. Caught incredible fish from the falls park all the way up past Bonnybrook. The Letort to me is what dreams are made of. A little bit of catching and a lot a bit of learning. Small fish pictures so people don't blow it up
Image05
Image07
Image1
Image04

Letort is one of the greatest places you can fish on the planet. Caught some of my most memorable trout there. If you put in the time, and study it, and respect the fact the fish are so easy to spook there, you'll produce there consistently. People tell me its over fished, or there aren't big fish there, or you'll get skunked every-time you go just a bunch of nonsense. I fished there over 40 days last year and met 4 other anglers TOTAL, one even became a great friend of mine. I saw the largest fish of my life in letort, if i can post a video ill upload it. There are fish in every part of the stream, and if you think otherwise you're more than likely being to loud, which can be hard to accept. Caught incredible fish from the falls park all the way up past Bonnybrook. The Letort to me is what dreams are made of. A little bit of catching and a lot a bit of learning. Small fish pictures so people don't blow it upView attachment 1641225656View attachment 1641225653View attachment 1641225654View attachment 1641225658
Great fish. I just go there during pouring rain and throw 6 inch articulated sex dungeons. If you have any questions about the size of the fish that are there. Try that sometime. Don't do it on a nice day with people around though or you'll get some nasty looks and probably get spoken to. :ROFLMAO:

Great fish. I just go there during pouring rain and throw 6 inch articulated sex dungeons. If you have any questions about the size of the fish that are there. Try that sometime. Don't do it on a nice day with people around though or you'll get some nasty looks and probably get spoken to. :ROFLMAO:
So I was given a 4 inch Sculpin by this guy, and he kept telling me it was the smallest sculpin I should throw there. "Go sunrise or sunset and you should do well". I know where a couple tanks are that stay all year and have only ever seen or gotten them to take midges.

So I was given a 4 inch Sculpin by this guy, and he kept telling me it was the smallest sculpin I should throw there. "Go sunrise or sunset and you should do well". I know where a couple tanks are that stay all year and have only ever seen or gotten them to take midges.
It's also the ones you don't see, that only show themselves in high/turbid water. Silverfox is spot-on. I've fished the Letort practically my whole life. Big Fishing Creek in Lamar/Tylersville is similar. Throw a plug during a high water event there and be prepared to be amused.

Back