Lehigh

blueheron

blueheron

It's time to visit my favorite stretches up in the gorge, conditions are favorable and I'm grinning just thinking about it. My son's playing a jazz fest on Sunday morning and I'll be on the trail by 1 pm. Oo la la.

Son's baseball game this morning and then I am planning to float afterwards. Temps are fantastic

I can't stand it , I'm going today. Temps are right on.

I've gotta tag along w/ you fellas on one of these trips some day. I've been meaning to attemp the big Lehigh.

Tape your ankles.

i am heading up tomorrow morning. leaving the the salt water for the day.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, have fun let us know how you guys do

Yes. Reports. Hatches? I'm fishing gorge on monday near laurel run.

Didn't make it out like I had planned. No info from me other then a guess of caddis, iso's, olives, and some Cahill. It is what I have been seeing.

I made it up into the gorge and caught a real mixed bag, rainbow, brown, bass and the largest northern tarpon to date. Water is low and cold, 61 at 1 pm, bug action is sparse as always in the gorge, at least above Glen Onoko. Saw some drakes ,cahill, and caddis but nothing rising. I was able to get to some water that was unapproachable earlier , around the oxbow, and found some nice fish. I usually fish streamers this time of year unless they're on caddis and had success ripping the old black bugger with some purple flash in a size 2. Yeah it's rocky but when it's low I jump around on the dry ones to fish the pockets and I can cross multiple places at will. Commando fishing at it's finest, not easy , but I'll keep at it until they put me out to pasture and I have to fish the bridge holes and the park streams or I break my ankles, whichever comes first. I took some pics and will post later.

some pics

Attachments

• gorge sep2014 022.JPG
    gorge sep2014 022.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 4
  • gorge sep2014 027.JPG
    gorge sep2014 027.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 4
  • gorge sep2014 024.JPG
    gorge sep2014 024.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 5
Who drives a Grand Cherokee with a FUDR sticker on the back?

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Okay what is a "northern tarpon"?

sucker.

the fish, not you ;-)

Chub, fallfish, not really a sucker which I call carp. Andy , do you have a bike? I'll probably go up again in October sometime and you're welcome to come along, as long as you don't mind snakes.
Chris

Blueheron...what access point did u use?

Glen Onoko, mostly because it's downhill coming home after I whup myself all day climbing around cliffs and boulders. If I access at Rockport I go downstream and have to bike uphill coming out.

Fishing was great in the gorge last night. Spent flying ants all over, small about a 22. Extremely tiny olives everywhere too. If I had to guess on size id say a 28. Iso and big stonefly shucks all over the rocks. Other stuff in the air as well. Saw a few cahills, some sallies. Got my *** handed to me from 4-6 trying to fish the ants. I had a good imitation of the ants ( a size 22 with dun hen tip wings) but something I noticed was most of the ants were on their backs in the water so my guess is the footprint of the fly was not right. Got a few refusals and or misses but no fish on an ant. Got frustrated trying with ants and tiny olives so I went to the trusty stimulator and it was on. Back to back bruiser browns on the first and second cast with the stimmie. Took 6 browns total in the last hour before it got to dark for me. Fall is here fellas.

I am heading back up tomorrow morning will be on the stream by 9 am, have to meet the roofer at the cabin at 7 am. If anyone is heading up send me a pm.

Check your PMs before you leave on Tuesday.I'm heading to the LR too

Back