Legs on nymphs

Great fly Lefty

SLF squirrel dubbing is great for "legs". I use it for the thorax for most small nymphs that I tie. The guard hairs make a great substitute for legs and tend to be more durable than partridge. It couldn't be easier to tie.

Also, is it worth the money for partridge over a hen saddle?

I would say definitely worth it, although partridge skins seem to be getting more expensive. I paid $15 for a full skin less than two years ago. Just looked online and it was almost $30 for the same thing.

yea that's the problem that i ran into... $22 for half a skin at bass pro in harrisburg. Anyone know where i can get a decent quality skin online?

I'd strongly advise against buying any skins online. All skins are not created equal. Some have more brown-colored feathers, some are predominantly grey-colored, and some have more of the marabou type feathers on the back that often get trimmed away. Those feathers can be extremely useful and usually overlooked. You won't regret having the opportunity to examine the skins in person and choose one that best suits your personal preferences and needs.

Another note: Grouse is an acceptable substitute for Partridge and looks to be a little bit cheaper. If you want to save a few bucks, that may help.

Back