Lancaster Fly Show

I'm a fanboy of these shows. I love to check out the rods on the casting 'ponds'. It's great to meet up with pals, especially non local ones that I see on water in other states and countries. The seminars, some free, have increased in number and quality. And plenty of tyers that I always learn from. There are deals, especially Sunday, but you do have to scout.

Lots of fly tying stuff for sale?

One of the things I did when I went to these shows IF I had specific items I was looking for...

...was to peruse the exhibitors list, see what they peddled and if you liked the price, CONTACT them and ask them to bring what you are looking for with them to the show.

I've got more than a few items that way versus just showing up and hoping...

Last edited:
I would do a breakfast before the show.

Seems like we have a few folks who would like to do breakfast before the show. I’m willing to lay out the details if a couple of guys are committed to coming out and drinking a couple cups of coffee and shooting the crap before the show on Saturday March 2nd. Looking to meet at a local diner at about 7:30ish AM. Please respond back on this thread if you are interested in getting together prior to going to the show. Thanks.

I will most likely be in for the breakfast. Let me check with the ol' lady first to make sure we don't have anything going on, but I think breakfast should be doable. I'll chime back in with the final verdict ASAP.

Sounds like the good ole days. The Neptune? I recall we met at a larger diner too.

I'll have to check with the wife and the others in my crew to see who would be in but I should know by close of business today.

I over estimated my crews ability to reply to messages. I have 5 total that would be interested.

It turns out I have something going on for that date, so I will not be attending the show or the breakfast. Enjoy, fellas.

In...let us know the details when u can John.
Thanks!

Good to hear there is some interest in getting together for breakfast before the show. I’ll be back in touch on this thread with the details on where and when after I confirm a few things.

Details on the PAFF Breakfast before the Lancaster show.

Meet at Park City Diner -
884 Plaza Blvd., Lancaster, PA 17601

7:30 AM Saturday March 2, 2024

I have confirmations from:
PatchezMDM - 5
acesedgley - 1

Please let me know if you are planning on meeting us for breakfast so I can give the diner a heads up on how many will be in our group. Looking forward to it! Thanks

Details on the PAFF Breakfast before the Lancaster show.

Meet at Park City Diner -
884 Plaza Blvd., Lancaster, PA 17601

7:30 AM Saturday March 2, 2024

I have confirmations from:
PatchezMDM - 5
acesedgley - 1

Please let me know if you are planning on meeting us for breakfast so I can give the diner a heads up on how many will be in our group. Looking forward to it! Thanks

In for breakfast. Will prob skip show.

Anybody wanting to carpool from Chadds Ford/West Chester?

In for breakfast, but will be a no-show for the show.

Can I expect to be able to purchase a variety of flies at the show? I’m fairly new to fly fishing and haven’t committed to tying yet. I’m planing to go but would be disappointed if I can’t stock up some flies that aren’t available at the local flyshops. Thanks!

Back