Lake Arthur Stripers???

T

TroutBuster

Has anyone been out to lake arthur to try for stripers yet this year? I've been wanting to head out there, but I'm worried all this rain and cool weather has them messed up. Hoping to hear from someone who has given it a shot.

Been out a few times. It's been a bust for me so far this year. I guess the weather has screwed things up. Very inconsistent. Water level has been higher than I've ever seen it this time of year. Turbid too. I've fished north shore, south shore, near the dam, on mud flats, off of points. I've been out early morning and a couple of evenings until dark. The ones i have caught have been small -- 10 to 20 inches. All on white streamers, buggers and clousers. (Nothing on top.)

greenghost wrote:
Been out a few times. It's been a bust for me so far this year. I guess the weather has screwed things up. Very inconsistent. Water level has been higher than I've ever seen it this time of year. Turbid too. I've fished north shore, south shore, near the dam, on mud flats, off of points. I've been out early morning and a couple of evenings until dark. The ones i have caught have been small -- 10 to 20 inches. All on white streamers, buggers and clousers. (Nothing on top.)

Greenghost, you and I will have to some day hook-up on either Lake Arther or Shenango reservoir so you can show me the ropes. I never caught a striped bass or a hybrid with any method, and both lakes have both. there could be a jar of honey in it for you.;-)

http://stripers247.com/phpBB2/forumdisplay.php?f=309

FarmerDave wrote:
greenghost wrote:

Greenghost, you and I will have to some day hook-up on either Lake Arther or Shenango reservoir so you can show me the ropes. I never caught a striped bass or a hybrid with any method, and both lakes have both. there could be a jar of honey in it for you.;-)

You're on Dave. Pm me when you can make it.

Thats about what I thought. From past experience, it seems you need a couple of really hot days to get the night time bite really slamming. Doesn't look like the next week will produce anything like that.

Anyone made it out there yet?? Should be about the peak of the season right now. I hope to make it out tomorrow evening.

Made it out last night, but no luck. The wind was just howling and it was pretty cold. So much for the weather forecast of calm and sunny!

TB, you're not alone. A lot of my coworkers fish for striper and haven't had any luck yet. If they start clammering about "a good night fishing" I'll let you know.

Back