Lake Arthur Muskies Spring 2014

pro4mance

pro4mance

Anybody in the area target Muskies on a regular basis ? I'm planning on it this season, looking to meet up with people from the area with more experience and knowledge than myself.
I keep my boat at a friends house up near the lake and would be glad to take anyone that's interested. It's a 16 foot modified v hull bass boat.
Sorry, that came out like a bad Craigslist add.

I'd join yuh but I'm not familiar with Lake Arthur and don't live in that area of the state.

Well FI if you come up this way let me know, you can join me anytime. Just don't ask me to paint anything for you. Haha

I hit it when I have time between my kids' activities. Lot's of good water and big fish.

I do fish Lake Arthur every year. I haven't targeted Muskie though. Normally I'll wade some of the coves and work the weed lines but mostly for bass. If I get a chance this Spring I'll let you guys know.

I go up about a dozen times a year searching for bass and hybrids. I would enjoy meeting up and searching for musky.

I used to have a boat and fished Lake Arthur quite a bit, but that's been a few years ago.

Back then, and I'm sure it's probably still the case, we spotted muskies only in the section of the lake beyond the 422 bridge, in the southwest corner of the lake. There were some pretty nice ones there too, cruising the various coves in the early morning hours.

A better lake for muskies, in my opinion, would be Woodcock lake, just north of Meadville, PA. That lake is absolutely littered with muskies.

I live about 3 miles from the lake, I usually fish it for bass and gills from my canoe, but I'd be more than happy to join in for the boat trip and muskies!! I'll get some info from my buddy, he was a musky guide for about 20 years and knows most of the area waters very well.(funny, but he loves catching 8 inch brookies now!)

Biker it would be a pleasure to fish with you

Back