Korkers buckle on studded sandals - appreciate your advise/opinions

Oh, I wasn't happy to fall and ding the reel, I was just happy because the damage was less than I expected. Reel is still entirely functional but has been removed from my "Active Duty" rod and reel quiver for cosmetic reasons (basically, I'm not using a rod that pairs with it).

I don't think I could turn in a rod for a scratch but if it upsets you and you got it repaired than all is well. Although it is unlikely, there could have been sub-surface damage underneath the scratch so I see your decision as an all-around good move.

Yeah, tackle first. I can heal, it can't, and the gear is more likely to break during a fall. As for watches mine is from the nice company from the brand that ends with an X, not to be confused by the cheap brand name that also ends in an X. I had the luxury of affording my dream watch due to being in the right financial place at the right time and due to the watch's availability at the time. Since it's my all-time favorite it's the only watch a wear. I will take it off for occasions where I am wearing nicer attire such as suits as it is a sports watch and has no place with that attire. Yes, I do believe in watch dress code and am sure you can appreciate that Bam.

I'm a felt & stud guy too, except for places that are more mud & silt than rocks, like the Letort.

If you fish mostly or exclusively in PA, they are 100% legal...

I personally think the whole "felt is bad, felt is evil" argument was overblown which may explain why some shoe manufacturers stopped offering felt and then reversed themselves...
Fine way to fall on your arse in the winter when they freeze too! Otherwise, I have found felt superior to any of the so-called sticky rubber formulas. If all the young agile dudes wear rubber most of the time, then let the over 50 crowd use the felt....

Last edited:
I've had felt become the equivalent of footwear worn by Earth, Wind and Fire as the snow grows deeper and deeper on the sole in winter. Dip it and it falls off. I am that older crown I reluctantly admit these days. The Korkers I inherited have multiple options. Luckily I don't fish much in ghe freeze any more. Do whatever makes you feel confident. Just like picking your fly.

Fine way to fall on your arse in the winter when they freeze too! Otherwise, I have found felt superior to any of the so-called sticky rubber formulas. If all the young agile dudes wear rubber most of the time, then let the over 50 crowd use the felt....

I never had an issue with felt in winter as long as I didn't have to hike long distances through snow AFTER the felt was soaked.

Back