Knot tying from fly line to Leader

Re: Knot tying from fly line to Leader #2

From Lehigh Valley
Nail knot a piece of mono on the end with a perfection loop in the end. Perfection loop your leaders, problem mostly solved.

The perfection loop is easy, and any good fly shop should help you with a nail knot if you can't get it with practice. I own a tool called a Tie-Fast (functionally the same as this that makes nail knots completely painless. I bought mine at ****'s or Walmart, and it was well worth the $10 I paid for it.

I would second the above advice and add that I use a piece of #25 Amnesia mono either in Hi-Vis Red or Chartruse. The Tie-Fast tool makes and excellent knot and I usually hit it with some UV glue (LOON) the colored mono acts just like a strike indicator and straightens out nice even when on the spool for a while. I use about a 10 to 12 inch piece and loop my leader directly to it.

Jeff

Today on hay creek

Me: What are you doing (as he is poking his rod into the water)
Walleigh World: "Dude, my leader fell off!"
Me: Haahaha well get it!
Walleigh World: *More poking* AHA! Got it.

His knot didnt hold lol. SO I tied a surgeons knot just to hold for the rest of the day...he caught 3 more with that huge knot haha

Thank god i had that split shot on, or i would have been diving in after that. that had 2 flies an indicator AND the split shot lol, i really need a nail knot tool

yeah i use a fast tye there are a fe wother knots you can tie with it too but i forget what the were the gryp knot and there was something else i lost the destructions

Nothing against the venerable nail knot, but I much prefer a loop to loop connection. Especially for larger fish (salt water especially!)

Back