Knee Pads

I got the orvis pro waders and never realize the knee pads are in until I take a knee, pretty nice feature.

I didn't pay attention or didn't notice the Orvis pros had knee pads until the first time I used them and kneeled down. It was something I never knew I needed but I was sure glad I had them.

I agree. Great feature. They're great waders all around IMO.

I bought a pair for some of the smaller brookie streams I have been trying to hit and sneak up on the trout. I wish I had had them when I was at Valley Creek the other day. I'm not to happy with the ones I have. As they pinch up behind the back of my knees. Worth getting a good recommendation before making a purchase.

I bought a pair for some of the smaller brookie streams I have been trying to hit and sneak up on the trout. I wish I had had them when I was at Valley Creek the other day. I'm not to happy with the ones I have. As they pinch up behind the back of my knees. Worth getting a good recommendation before making a purchase.
I think you will find that any strap mount knee pad is going to pinch you. I have tried many different brands (for manual labor, not fishing) and they all do. I've tried the slip over style too, after you wear them a couple times they won't stay up. I would imagine getting them wet would make it worse.

I have a pair of these. Inexpensive and very lightweight. I cross the straps in the back and they stay up fine hiking and walking around. They probably wouldn't be great for crawling around on your knees all day long because they'll slip around, but given that none of the solutions are great - cheap and light wins the day for me.

https://www.amazon.com/NoCry-Garden...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

If your main concern is saving your knees, not you waders, you really owe it to yourself to check out my suggestion on post #8.

FWIW - There are commercially available work pants with removable knee pads out there howver anyone with a free arm sewing machine can put a knee pad pocket in any pair of pants you like to wear while fishing.

Screenshot 20230228 1016342

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230228-101523~2.png
    Screenshot_20230228-101523~2.png
    375.9 KB · Views: 12
Back